6 2 No More Happy Demigods

Evgeni was tired and fell on his knees. Lict had run away. Evgeni wheezed as he lay on the ground, "Lobelia," He coughed, "Revert,"
The dagger turned back to Lobelia's human form. She looked at him cough, "Oh Milord,"
"Lobelia, sorry for being so weak." He looked at the ground, "I'm trying my best but my body always holds me back. It's so frustrating that I can do so little for you and always leave you to fight by yourself. I honestly hate myself so much,"

"It's not your fault, Milord."
"I can see a future...But I can't see myself there," He fell on the grass, unconscious, "How you could see with these overflowing tears in your eyes," Lobelia picked him and walked through the woods. She was following Lict's spirit energy as she walked.

"You don't need to be strong," She remembered the past, "I'll fight for you. You just need to be happy. Form a contract with me and I'll defeat the world for you. When you become the gatekeeper, let's both wish for your good health. Please bind our fates together, my lord"

Akagi was inside the school by then. He ran towards the principal's office and broke down the door with the axe. Siah got up from her chair. She seemed as if she hadn't aged a day. Vierne and the children stood beside her along with the guard. Akagi was sweating after that match and was breathing heavily. She looked at his wounded hand and smiled,

"I suppose you met Evgeni?" She smiled.
'Evgeni is here?' Vierne thought.
"You called him here, didn't you?"
"Is that how you address your aunt, Akagi?"

Akagi's grip on the axe became stronger, "I'll show you how I address my aunt," His eyes glowed bright red and he ran towards her with the axe, he swung it at her and she barely dodged, "You can't kill a mortal," Siah smirked, "You'll be cursed—"

"Does it look like I care?!" Akagi shouted.
"Lord Akagi!" Vierne shouted.
He had gone insane with anger. He ran after her throughout the room. She was finally cornered by him, "Please forgive me, Akagi. You're my sweet little nephew, aren't you? Let's forget the past—"

"Forgive and forget? What do think I am—Jesus fucking Christ?" Akagi rose the axe.
"No, Milord! Don't kill a human!" Melissa shouted but he ignored her and went ahead. Vierne came between Siah and Akagi. Akagi's eyes widened as the axe went down from her throat to her stomach.

"Lady Vierne!" Melissa shouted.
"Vierne..." Akagi's eyes stopped glowing.
She walked towards Akagi and grabbed the axe. She looked into his eyes, "We don't need another cursed one, Lict is enough," Her eyes were glowing blue and but her wounds were healing slowly since she didn't have much spirit energy left within her, "You know the rules. We can't kill a mortal, no matter how much they hurt us."

Akagi grunted his teeth and held back his tears. He dropped the axe, "I wish from the bottom of my heart that I wasn't born a demigod! I honestly hate it when we can do nothing to protect us. Who made these rules, Vierne? Were they made to protect us or abuse us?!"

Vierne hugged him gently and he began crying, "So many years of my anguish and pain, and she still doesn't get her karma. Look how happy she is—Are gods blind?! Why don't they do something? Everyone just leaves when it gets hard. Mom left, then dad, then Evgeni came and I saw a ray of hope, but things just can't go right—I got fucking raped, met a shitty human girl who only cared about her problems and killed my first baby even before he came into this world.

And when it's time for payback—I have rules holding me back. And I can do nothing except watching them take away everything from me. Every day, I get a bit crazier and I can't take it anymore. This is why I hate everything! Gods, demigods, humans—Fucking everything! They have everything and I have nothing!" Akagi shrieked.

"You have me," Melissa said, "What about us? What about all the children who have suffered like you? What about everything I have gone through, Lict has gone through, Vierne has gone through? You see, you aren't alone anymore. We all have gone through the same pain in different ways. If you want it to stop hurting, you have to forgive those who have hurt you. Move on, Milord. End this here."

Akagi turned towards Siah but she had run away. He remembered everything that she had put him through. His left eye had lost its light—Thanks to her. Everything bad in his life was mostly brought by her. She ruined his childhood. He didn't want to forgive her, "Aunt," He said to himself, "It's taking a lot out of me but it's alright,

I forgive you," Siah ran into the woods.
Vierne's wounds had healed by then, "By the way, Lict went to find you." She told Akagi.

"I didn't meet him though," Akagi said.
"I'll go get him," She said.
"Wait," Akagi said, "I'll take the children to the train. It's almost evening. The sun will set soon. It would be the last train to Moscow for today. It'll leave in twenty minutes. After that, the gates of the school close and a magic shield covers it that prevents any entry or exit. Don't be late or you'll be stuck here for the rest of the night."

"I'll get Lict as soon as possible."
"I'll wait for you,"
Vierne ran into the woods while Akagi took all the six children towards the train tracks where the train was being loaded with the goods. They sat inside it and waited for Vierne and Lict. Lict looked up at the orange sky, "It's getting darker. And I'm lost,"

"Don't worry. You've been found now." He looked at two silver eyes shining in the dark, "Lobelia," He mumbled.
Evgeni stood beside her. "I came here to get Akagi, but for now, you're my priority—The hour of Music."
Lobelia threw a dagger at him but Vierne caught it and it broke into pieces.

"Vierne!" Evgeni said.
"How pathetic—Attacking a helpless star spirit. I expected it from anyone but you, Evgeni. I thought we were friends. But I guess I was the only one who thought that."
"We are friends, Vierne. And that's why I am saving you from this monster." Evgeni said.
"He is my monster. I decide what I do with him, not you."

"You are making a huge mistake and you will regret this," Evgeni said. Vierne looked at Lict and smiled, "He is a mistake worth regretting."
"You've gone insane Vierne!"
"What about you? I thought Akagi was your friend. Why are you being such a pimp to him?"
"What? I was told he is being protected. His Sila is dangerous—"
"Do you even know what his Sila is?"

"I'm afraid I never asked that,"
"I have a destructive Sila, 'Break', his Sila is skorost—The Sila of speed. It can harm no one, you have been fooled, Evgeni."
"Why would they lie to me?"
"Well, isn't that obvious? They want to use him again. Remember when you first met him, he was in a dungeon, do you think he wanted to be in a dungeon? No, he was kept there because they didn't want him to be happy. I knew I read this in the Gate—Sad demigods grow more powerful than happy ones."

-To be continued 

Akagi | Melissa Dear Ms Lady Demigod

Akagi | Melissa 
Dear Ms Lady Demigod