Yuta

(Part one)

You have this classmate who confuses you a lot. His name is Yuta and he's a really fun person. He smiles and jokes around a lot but he gets so serious when you're near. When you talk to him, his attitude changes as if he hates you.

You're one of the most sociable person in your class and you're close with everyone except Yuta. You're friends with his friends but you haven't really talked to him a lot since he gets so quiet when you try to talk to him.

I think he hates me, you thought as you stare at his back.

Yuta sits a few seats in front of you that's why you can easily observe him without anyone noticing. The reason why you observe him? No one knows, not even yourself.

You heaved a sigh just when the school bell rang. You quietly placed your things in your bag and was about to leave when your teacher called you.

"Y/n." You stopped walking and you turned to your teacher.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Can you bring these to the faculty?" She said as she pointed at the books. You flinched when you saw how many books are you going to carry.

Your arms aren't that strong and you got scared by the thought of your arm breaking but you just nodded at your teacher and then she left.

You walked to the table where the books were placed and when you passed by Yuta, you caught him staring at you but he quickly looked away.

You heaved a sigh before carrying the books. You let out small yelp when your arms carried the books. As expected, it's too heavy. You struggled to walk and while making your way to the faculty, you're mentally complaining on why the teacher asked a weak student like you to carry a pile of books.

"My arms are breaking." You mumbled.

You reached the staircase and you felt scared that you're going to fall. You heaved a sigh for the nth time today and just as when you stepped down, you slipped and you shut your eyes close for the impact.

But instead of the hitting the hard floor, an arm made it's way to your waist, preventing you to fall. You felt the person's breath on your face and you can tell that you two are standing really close to each other.

"You're so clumsy." Your heart skipped a beat with the voice of the person holding on. You opened your eyes and was shocked to see Yuta so close to you. You felt blood rush to your cheeks as you realize how handsome he is.

Realizing your position, Yuta let you go quickly after you regained your balance. He started picking up the books and you did the same, the two of you didn't even say a word to each other.

You finished picking up the books and you walked to Yuta to get the remaining books from him.

"Thank you." You said and you expected him to give you the books but instead, he took the books from your hands and he started walking away.

You ran up to him and you're about to say something when he spoke.

"Don't try to get these back, a girl shouldn't carry heavy things." He said. "You're so clumsy. What would have happened if I wasn't there to catch you?"

You were taken aback by his sudden kindness but being a naive girl you are, you looked at him innocently before responding. "Uhmmm I'm probably going to the hospital if you weren't there."

And you weren't expecting what happened next, Yuta smiled.

"Stupid." He mumbled then he walked faster, leaving you behind but the smile was still on his face.

"Wait I thought you hate me?" You asked as you caught up to him.

"Who said I hate you?"

"Then you don't hate me?"

"Maybe?" He laughed. "Maybe I hate you, maybe I like you."