Ten

Ten stared at the woman he was dancing with. His heart was aching, thinking how much things changed suddenly. He hated how she changed in a way that he couldn't even determine if she's still the same woman he had loved before.

Her usual, "I'm not busy and I'll never be busy when it comes to you!" turned, "I can't, Ten. I'm busy."

"Y/n." He said and his eyes caught hers.

She hummed in response, avoiding his piercing stare.

"What did I do wrong?"

She stopped swaying and looked directly at his eyes. There, she saw pain and sadness, his longing for her love but they both know it would never be the same again.

"You did nothing wrong." She answered, trying to remove her hand that was on his shoulder but before she could, Ten grabbed it.

"I'm so sorry." She apologized, her eyes shimmered with tears and at the very moment, his heart shattered in front of her.

"Is this really going to be our last dance?" He asked as he swallowed the lump forming on his throat. He was on the verge of crying considering how much pain he was feeling.

"Yes." She said. "I'm sorry, Ten."

He painfully chuckled. "Stop apologizing."

In the middle of the crowd, where  everyone who was dancing was filled with love and hope, Ten felt his heart  breaking apart.

They danced slowly, enjoying each other's presence for the last time. He was looking straight to her eyes, contemplating how did things end up that way.

"Remember when you used to make me smile, but lately I don't feel the same." He mumbled, taking a deep breath as he let his feelings come out.

He smiled at her as a tear fell from his eye. "Y/n, I love you."

"Ten." She removed Ten's hands on her waist. "I loved you."

And there he watched her back as she walked away. All he could feel was pain as he stood in the middle of the dance floor.

"I'll always care for you. You know I always will." He mumbled as he dragged his feet out of the party.

It started out as any other story, then the words begin to fade away.