Jisung

From the very moment I've come to learn about the universe, I instantly became extremely fond of it. Nothing excites me as much as the universe. Time, space, stars, planets, asteroids, quasars, nebula and many more, my whole system works up when those are the topic or anything related to the universe, more specifically when it comes to one theory that I always believed to be true, the multiverse.

Aside from the thought of having another me in a different universe, what makes me so hyped up about it is the existence of fate. Based from my understanding, when two people always find each other in different universe, it means they're destined to be together.

The idea of destiny is too romantic and magical for me. Just thinking about it makes me wonder, who is the man destined for me.

"Y/n!" A deep voice interrupts my thoughts and almost immediately I shake my head before turning towards where the voice came from. A few steps away from me, stood Jisung, the young man who has always been a mystery for me.

"Hey." I greet as I motion him to sit next to me. There weren't many people inside the park where I always stay afterclass to think about my weird thoughts. Under this specific tree, I drown myself with my thoughts, not really expecting anyone to approach me.

"Why are you here?" He asks, sitting down next to me.

"Self reflecting?" I say. "It's peaceful here."

"Good choice." He chuckles as he leans his back against the strong trunk of the tree behind us. Silence follows afterwards and me being curious what made him quiet, turns to look at him, only to see his eyes shut close.

Quietly, I observe Jisung's features. He's handsome, like, really really handsome. He's definitely the most popular guy in school and I wonder if he's dating a girl. If so, is she pretty? Cute? Nice? Smart? Or if not, does he like someone?

Though I'm pretty unsure as to why I'm asking those things to myself, I continue to question everything. I am still staring at him, wondering which part made him look extremely different from the rest. Is it his pointed nose? His small eyes? His soft and kissable lipsㅡno, wait, I think this is going somewhere not good.

I didn't realize I stared at him for too long. I only noticed it when the wind had blown and sent chills down my spine, it brought me back to reality and the first thing I noticed was Jisung's eyes staring back at me.

Surprised, I look away, feeling my cheeks burning from embarrassment. "Sorry," I mumble.

"I have been thinking," Jisung says, "what do you have in mind?"

Confused at his question, I looked at him once again even though my cheeks were still reddish. My brows furrow as I try to comprehend what he just asked and it must be very obvious since Jisung chuckled and said it in a more understandable way.

"You're always thinking." He explains. "You always space out and it made me wonder what's going on with your mind."

"Oh." I say. "It's too complicated."

"Tell me, I'll try to understand." He smiles, bringing ticklish feeling inside my body.

Pushing aside the shyness I was feeling, I took a deep breath and started to explain what's running on my complex mind. For once, I felt really satisfied to speak out these mindblowing thoughts. I just hoped Jisung won't regret his actions afterwards.

"I was thinking, what if the theory of multiverse is actually true?" I start. "What if in a different verse, I'm not a student but a princess instead. I really want to know, I really want to experience meeting my other self."

"I can't believe you're into those things," Jisung chuckles, causing me to feel more shy about my thoughts but as he smile afterwards, the shyness was pushed away, "it's interesting. I amㅡI mean, maybe I'm an idol in another universe or perhaps, an artist even though I suck at drawing a lot."

With that, I laugh. "Jisung Park as an idol would be really cool."

"I'm already cool." He pouts. "But hey, I also believe it's true."

"Really?" I exclaim, "I'm glad I ain't alone."

He smiles. "It's a hard topic to comprehend but it's really cool. We could be just one of the universes out there."

I smile back to him, feeling extremely delighted at how connected the two of us are. I never expected the mysterious Jisung to have the same thoughts as mine. He doesn't look like a guy who thinks like this, it's a great surprise.

"Can I ask you a question, Jisung?" I ask and he nods with a sweet smile. "If you got a chance to meet your other self, what would you say to him?"

I noticed that Jisung was startled by my question. He jerked up and his eyes widened in surprise but quickly, he gained back his composure. He looked down afterwards, avoiding my gaze as if my eyes stung him for a while.

For a minute he stayed quiet, and I let him be, he's probably thinking of what to answer and I feel guilty for making him think deeply in such a weird question my mind came up with.

"If I were to meet him..." he says, looking up and catching my eyes. I'm not sure if it's true or my mind was just playing with me but I saw a hint of longing, pain and deep affection on Jisung's eyes as he stared right through mine. "I'll tell him to never let the world dictate his life decisions. Choose what his heart screams like what they always say, follow your heart. Don't be clouded by popularity and material things, it destroys the most important portion of his life. And also," he pauses, "between career and love, choose love because he can always gain back his career but his first love will most likely be the last one. Treasure her and never let her go, no matter what people say against them."

I was taken aback by his words. It's not something a simple person will say. It was rooted deep into his heart, I could feel it, as if Jisung did something he regret all his life. "That's deep.."

"Is it?" He laughs but obviously, it's not his real laugh.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer," I tell him, "but Jisung, what's with career and love? Did you, by chance, choose career over someone?"

Right after I said those words, I immediately wished I didn't say it. Can I take it back? I literally felt a pang on my heart as I look at Jisung with his eyes reflecting too much pain.

I panicked, confused at what to do. "Ah no I take those back. Wrong questions, wrong questions. I'm sorry, Jisuㅡ"

"Yes," he says and I was dumbfounded when he took my right hand, holding it tightly as if I'll vanish anytime soon. "because that's what I did, I chose my career over you."