Jeno

A forbidden love.

Nothing would be more painful than the world hindering two young hearts longing for each other. They met, but they weren't made to be together. They found comfort and love in each other's arms but what could they do, when everything seems to forbid them from loving each other freely?

A painful smile made its way to Y/n's lips as she watches her love, Jeno, perform on the stage. She could only smile, it's the least she could do. He synced perfectly with his group, captivating hearts of the fans as he let out his charming gaze.

"He looks perfectly fine." She mumbled, letting out a deep sigh as she continued to watch him.

Her eyes were glued only to him. He was her soul's home and without him by her side, broke her into the tiniest pieces possible. She was shuttered when he muttered his last goodbye. Their relationship will never work, and it made both of them suffer from chronic pain.

Her heart skipped a beat when his eyes landed on hers. He looked straight into her eyes and gazed deeply passed through her soul. It was the eyes she was longing for, the eyes that attractively turns into tiny crescents every time he smiles, it was the eyes that never failed on seeing pass through her facade.

Their eye contact lasted until the end of the song. No one dared to look away as all they could do was stare at the person their hearts were beating for.

However, they were forced to break the contact when he needed to leave the stage. With her disheartened heart, she gathered up all her courage to go to the backstage. The staffs blocked her, it was expected, but the broken girl gave them a painful look as she rummaged through her bag.

She took out an envelope and a tear fell from her eye as she handed it to the staff.

"Can you please hand this to Jeno?" She asked. "NCT's Lee Jeno. Please, give this to him."

The staff hesitated but he took it, giving her a silent nod as he realized the letter might contain a very important message to the young idol. Muttering a thank you, she left the place.

The waiting room was only filled with the members and the boys were taking a rest, occasionally joking around when a knock was heard. The oldest among them, Renjun, stood up from his seat and walked to the door. He was flustered when a staff handed him an envelope before telling him it was addressed to Jeno.

As soon as the staff left them, Renjun gave the letter to Jeno and the latter was confused, wondering how come their manager let a fan hand over a letter. Without further questioning, he opened the envelope and his heart was shattered into pieces when he painfully recognized the handwriting.

It was from her, the only girl he had loved.

To my dearest Jeno,

In this forsaken world where you and I aren't made for each other, I can't call you mine and you can't call me yours. Our hearts met, always beating the same pace when we're together but I just can't accept that we aren't destined together. I've always dreamt of holding your hands free, without hesitating and having the fear of being judged. I've always wanted to give you kisses whenever you want without being cautious about our surrounding. All I ever wanted is to love you until my last breath.

But the world has always been against us, forcing us to be separated. It's too cruel, can we just fly somewhere else and start our own life there? All I could do is take a step away from you, watching you from afar. The pain is visible in your eyes but we both know we can do nothing. We're both not capable of rewriting our fates and even if it hurts, we have to accept it.

What did we do to deserve this kind of pain? Can't we just love each other freely?

If only I could change our fates, I'll make your line meet mine or maybe in a parallel universe, I'm yours and you are mine alone. In a parallel universe, where the curse is lifted and we can be together for a lifetime. The universe where our hearts are free to love each other 'cause you are the only person my heart has been beating for.

I wish, even for just a day, that I can be with you. I love you, Jeno. I always did and I always will.

Love, Y/n

The boys were startled when tears started to fall from Jeno's eyes. He was known to be a tough guy but her letter was more than enough to make him cry. His feelings were overflowing and he was extremely disappointed with himself for not being able to do anything for her. He loves her, but there's nothing else he could do.

If they forced their relationship, he was sure they'll both end up getting hurt. He was an idol and all eyes were on him. He was afraid the fans will hurt her. He knew he's not good enough for her but he was willing to change if it meant she could be with him but the odds weren't on their side.

Maybe, in a parallel universe, they weren't cursed and their love isn't forbidden. No matter how painful it is, they had to let go and accept that they could do nothing against the fates.

 No matter how painful it is, they had to let go and accept that they could do nothing against the fates