Renjun

The cold breeze hit Renjun's bare face as he looked up to the starry sky. With a painful smile plastered on his face, he thought how his love would be so happy to witness such fascinating view of the stars.

"I wish she could witness this with me." He muttered, pulling his hood up to cover himself from the freezing breeze. He walked slowly through the busy street of the city, whispering the same wish he wanted to fulfill months ago as he witnessed a star falling from the sky.

Let me see her smile again.

"As long as we're still under the same sky, I'm fine."

Thousands of kilometers away from Renjun's whereabouts, Y/n was pouting as she was getting impatient for her next treatment. She was brought to the States by her dad to take her treatments there and she was crying for the whole week because she wouldn't be able to see Renjun for who knows how long will she take.

The sick girl even had the guts to make a bad joke to Renjun before her departure. He got mad and stopped talking to her for some weeks. Who wouldn't? When the very last thing Y/n had said to Renjun was,

"If ever I didn't make it, go date a girl prettier than me." She said in a serious tone. "But I'm sure that girl doesn't exist because I'm the prettiest girl alive."

"Stop pouting you look like a duck." Her ears perked up when she heard the voice she wanted to hear the most. Y/n phappily turned towards the door to see her mom holding her phone with Renjun flashing through the screen.

"Injunie!" She exclaimed, causing her mom to laugh as she handed her the phone.

"Hey." He smiled over the phone. "I heard you haven't been eating well."

The girl pouted once again as she eyed her mom. The latter just smiled at her and motioned her to talk to the boy.

"It was because the food here tastes like rubber."

Her response caused Renjun to laugh. "But you have to eat it. It'll make you healthy."

"I'm healthy," she mumbled. "my heart's the only one who's not. She should be the one eating the rubberish foods."

"You're sick but still could get to joke around like that." Renjun shook his head. "You're still unbelievable, Y/n."

"But you love meee~"

"Sadly, you're right."

The couple talked to each other for the next fifteen minutes but since they were staying in the opposite side if the world, the time zones were different and they had to cut off their call. It was midnight on Renjun's side and it was morning on Y/n's side. Y/n had to receive her treatment as well and with one last goodbye, the video call ended.

They continued to live thousands of miles apart for another few months. Renjun expected that the next time he'll see Y/n personally, she had completely recoveredㅡ alive and healthy.

However, his world stopped when he received a message from Y/n's mom on a gloomy Sunday morning in the month of December. His phone slipped from his hand as he read the news he was afraid of receiving from the very start.

Renjunie, she didn't make it.

Tears started to stream down his cheeks as he fell down to his knees, his heart breaking from the news. He looked to the window where the view of snow falling from the sky could be seen. The image of Y/n flashed through his mind as the snowflakes made him remember how Y/n wanted to play in the snow with him.

All their dreams that they planned together were crushed on that particular day.

Renjun, however, wasn't expecting to hear a knock coming from his front door. He thought maybe it was just Jeno or Jaemin, since they usually come to his house without further notice. Despite not having the energy to stand up from the ground and open the door, he pushed himself up and made his way to the door.

The moment he opened the door, he almost had a heart attack to see the person standing in front of him. She was holding a gift box that was covering her face but he couldn't be mistaken, the girl who was standing before his door is no other than his beloved girlfriend.

"Advanced Merry Christmas!" She exclaimed to him as she move the box away from her face and gave him the widest grin she have.

"Oh god, I hate you." He spat but pulled the girl into a tight hug. "How could you do that to me? I almost died."

"It wasn't my idea." She chuckled as she wrapped her arms around him. "Mom thought it would be great to make you cry. She wanted me to see how painfully handsome my boyfriend is even with his eyes puffy from crying."

"Why are you two like that?" He asked, burying Y/n's face to his chest. "It's not the best prank."

"I know I know!" She laughed again. "But hey I can't breathe!"

With that being said, Renjun pulled away from her. He grabbed her hand and dragged her inside since it was freezing cold outside. Even though she was already seated on his comfy sofa, he didn't let go of her hand.

"You're such a crybaby!" She said, moving closer to Renjun to wipe off the tears coming from his already puffy eyes.

"I was afraid, you ruthless girl." He sobbed and his soft side caused Y/n to give out another laugh.

"You don't have to worry much anymore," She placed her hand on his cheeks. "I can now run a kilometer without worrying about my heart. I'm healthy. I've fought for you."

Renjun continued to cry and she got emotional seeing how he cried like a child, afraid to lose her. She pulled him into a tight and comforting hug, a satisfied feeling rushed through her bloodstream as she listened to his heart beating the same pace as hers.

After Renjun's cry finally died down, Y/n pulled him outside where the snow was continuously falling. She ran towards the snowy field and twirled around, smiling happily as she could finally play on the snow without worrying. Renjun's heart throbbed to see her smile once again. He was terrified just by the thought of not being able to see her smile anymore and now that she was there, throwing unfunny jokes, he was more than contented.

He pulled her hand, causing Y/n to bump into his chest. She complained and whined to him but then a chuckle was heard from him and the next thing Y/n knew was his soft lips connected to hers.

She felt her knees weaken but thanks to Renjun's arms, she maintained her balanced. Y/n closed her eyes, enjoying their romantic moment. Her feelings were unexplainable, how she could feel his love for her was simply unexplainable.

They've been through a lot. In a battle between life and death, Y/n won because of the love he gave her. Even though fate separated them before, she thanked the heavens above for fulfilling the simple wish she made on the day they broke up.

Guide him safely to the person he was meant to be with for the rest of his life.

And he was brought back to her side, making her realize he was the person meant for her.

"Huang Renjun," she mumbled after pulling away from the kiss, "I love you."

"I love you too." Renjun smiled, gently wiping the tear that fell from Y/n's eye.

" Renjun smiled, gently wiping the tear that fell from Y/n's eye