Mark

Mark Lee is a popular student who is a year ahead of you. You two never talked despite occasionally bumping into each other. You would bump into him in the cafeteria or at the hallways. It was really weird.

He's extremely popular considering his majestic looks, attitude and him excelling in all things. He's too talented but he's the most humble person you've ever known.

You respect him a lot. You never liked him romantically but a dream changed the way you see him.

The weirdest dream you ever had in your entire life.

Mark Lee was on your dream and there, he talked to you with sparkling eyes. He was all smiley towards you and what's worse is that he was courting you.

It was so bizarre to the point that the moment you opened your eyes, your heart was beating so fast, scaring your whole system as a new feeling was flowing through your body.

As usual you did your daily routine and made your way to your school. Much to your luck, the first person to greet you once you arrived was the man on your dream, Mark Lee.

"Good morning y/n!" He said which startled you, your heart beating twice as fast for the second time of the day.

"G-Good morning sunbae." You greeted back, forcing out a smile.

Since then you tried to ignore him but you realized you were cursed that everytime you had to look around, you'll see him and make eye contact with him.

It was so awkward.

Days have passed and the more you try to ignore him, the more he gets close to you.

"Stupid dream." You mumbled as you laid your head to your desk, your eyes shut close with your mind wandering around. The class already ended, everyone in your class already left and you decided to stay for a while to clear your thoughts. Ever since the day you've dreamt about Mark, he never left your mind and as well as your dreams.

There was one time when you've searched about the weird phenomenon happening to you, what does it mean when you've dreamt about someone, and the answers only made you go even more crazier.

It says that when a person appears in your dreams, that person wanted to see you badly or that person thinks of you a lot.

You thought you're going insane.

Your mind was full of Mark which resulted to you not getting enough sleep. You only get 2 to 3 hours of sleep everyday and each day, your dream gets weirder and weirder.

"What did he do to me?" You said in a low voice. Slowly, you drifted off to sleep without even realizing it.

"I like you but I'm not yet ready to confess."

Along with the familiar deep voice, you felt a hand pushing your hair out of your face. You slowly opened your eyes with your mind not functioning well.

You can still recognize the face of the guy in front of you. You recognize him too well that your heart did a backflip even though your mind was malfunctioning.

You yawned and then rubbed your eyes as you lift your head to sit properly.

"Mark sunbae?" You asked and you weren't sure if your did see him blush or your mind was just playing tricks on you.

"Hey." He greeted. "You shouldn't be sleeping here right after class. What if someone else saw you here and tries to do something to you? Please be mindful of what could happen to yourself, y/n."

"I wasn't really planning on sleeping here." You uttered, looking away as his gaze makes you feel uncomfortable.

"Just don't do this again please." He pleaded and without realizing, you nodded which caused Mark to smile before standing up and swinging his bag to his back. You thought he's going to leave but you weren't expecting him to take your bag and grab your hand. "I'll walk you home."

You were too astonished by his sudden actions that you couldn't argue with him, he ended up dragging you out of the room with his ears burning red.

He walked slowly by your side with his hand holding yours carefully. He didn't let go of your hand instead, he held it so tight with full care as if he was holding something fragile. His warmth sending butterflies to your stomach and you admit, you like him a lot.

Then his confession came across your mind. Was it real? Or was just another dream? But it sounded too realistic.

"Uhmm." You awkwardly said when you two were passing by the bridge that was filled with colorful lights. The sun was setting and you could feel your heart racing though you weren't sure if it is because of the scenery or because of the man walking beside you. "Thank you for walking me home, Mark sunbae."

"Just call me Mark." He said, his hand caressing yours. "And you don't have to thank me, y/n."

"Okay..."

You looked around, smiling widely as you appreciate the sky. The sun was setting, painting the sky with different hues you've never thought would look good being blended together.

Mark noticed your smile and he smiled as well, but much wider than yours. Little did you know, you're his favorite scenery.

The thought of confessing to Mark suddenly crossed your mind. It was as if the sky was telling you to master up your courage and tell him how much you like him.

And that's what you did.

You stopped, causing Mark to stop walking as well and turn his head to look at you with hint of confusion evident on his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked and you looked at his hand that was holding yours.

"Mark." You stated.

"Yes?"

"I like you." You confessed. "I don't know what happened but one day, when I woke up after dreaming of you, you never left my mind. The thought of Mark Lee makes my heart go crazy and I don't know, I feel like I'm out of my mind because of you."

You were blushing red, feeling nervous at the thought of him rejecting you. You were expecting him to let go of your hand and reject you but you were surprised when he entertwined his fingers with yours which caused you to lift your head only to see him smiling and blushing at the same time.

"I wasn't expecting this." He uttered, covering his face using his free hand. "I should have been the one to confess first but you already did."

"So what I heard earlier wasn't a dream?" Your eyes widened out of sudden realization.

"You heard what?"

"About you not being ready to confess yet." Your words made his face redder.

"I'm so embarassed." He mumbled and you couldn't help but chuckle at his cuteness.

"Don't be." You grinned and suddenly, Mark pulled your hand and wrapped his arms around you.

"I really really really like you." He confessed, hugging you tightly as he looked at the sky. "Y/n, I like you."

It was a perfect setting. You being in his arms during sunset and with your hearts beating at the same pace. It was too surreal and you even wondered if you were just dreaming.

Out of a sudden, you remembered the answers you've found on the internet.

A chuckle left yours when you pull out of his arms. "I see, so you've been thinking of me a lot huh?"

You grin at him as he was startled by your statement. "What?"

"Nothing." You said as you grabbed his hand and started making your way to your home. "I said I like you, Mark Lee."