Doyoung

Requested by dmolpoatao

It must have been nice if it's always like this, I thought as I stare at the sleeping Doyoung beside me. His arm was beneath my head as he laid sideways. His breathing was steady and I knew he was in deep slumber.

"Bunny." I mumbled as I reach my hand to carefully touch his cheek, afraid that I'll wake him up. "You've been really busy. I miss you so much."

I heaved a rather heavy sigh before rolling to the other side of the bed, pushing myself up and head towards the kitchen. As I started to cook for an early breakfast, my thoughts wandered off, once again, to the idea of not seeing Doyoung for a few months because they'll be having a tour on the west.

My hands stopped from beating the egg as tears started to form on my eyes. My eyes landed on the floor where I felt my furry friend, Sam the retriever, snuggled on my feet which brought a small bittersweet smile to my lips.

"Sammy." I mumbled and just then, a pair of bulky arms wrapped around my waist, causing me to stiffen from surprise.

"I told you, the members will always be there. I won't even get attracted by any of the girls." Doyoung's morning voice echoed through my ears as he buried his face at my neck.

"Stupid." I mumbled and continued to beat the egg. "Let go, it's hard to cook if you're like that."

"Why? Are you distracted by my handsome face?" Doyoung asked and I know he was smirking at the moment.

"No." I simply said as I push him back. A pout formed on his lips as he was pushed a few steps away from me.

As I fry the egg, Doyoung was washing his hands just right beside me and right after I placed the fried egg on the plate, he splashed water on me causing me to almost drop the plate.

"Yah! Doyoung!" I exclaimed as I wiped my eyes with my hand. A glare was thrown to Doyoung who was laughing continuously beside me. His mischievous smile afterwards triggered my playful self so after safely placing the plate on the table, I took my revenge.

I splashed him with a cup of water.

"Yah!" He exclaimed, startled by what I did. A few seconds later, Doyoung and I were running around my apartment at 5 in the morning. Sam was following us around, being playful as well as Doyoung chased me around.

"Loser!" Doyoung exclaimed like a child while he was catching his breath.

"Stupid!" I exclaimed back.

"Shorty!"

"Oldie!"

All of a sudden, my emotions rushed in. Both my eyes and Doyoung's widened in surprise when tears started to fall from my eyes. Right away, I wiped it with my hands and he was quick enough to pull me in a hug.

"Yah why are you crying?" He asked softly as he caressed my back.

"I don't know." I mumbled, trying to stop the tears but no matter how hard I try, it just won't stop. Doyoung said nothing as he continued caressing my back. He held me tightly and started to sway side by side, trying to calm me but his simple actions were making me even more emotional.

I can't help it. A few months of not seeing him in person is just too much. Even before their tour, we barely see each other what more after they started going around the globe to meet various of beautiful fans?

"This is probably a dream..." Doyoung suddenly started to sing which made my heart to go frenzy as his soothing voice reached my ears with his tight hug keeping me warm. "Just like my memories
You’re right in front of me."

"It’s strange
Even after a long time
My heart keeps repeating that day"

My muscles started to relax and I felt myself calming down as he countinued to sing. I buried my face on his neck, feeling him tightening his hug.

"When I close my eyes
My memories take me
To that place again"
I should definitely tell you today
But I can’t make a sound
I try to hold out my hand to touch you
But I can’t

I endlessly practiced these words
I still love you
But in the end, I couldn’t say it
I shouldn’t let yㅡ Oh no wait, I didn't realize the lyrics were like this."

I laughed at him, pushing my self away from him to see his face. He was surprised too and it was really cute.

"I'm sorry. I was supposed to make you feel better but the songㅡ"

"Stupid." I interrupted as I smiled. "It's alright." I reached to pinch his cheeks. I know he just sang whatever came into my mind and was unexpectedly Timeless, a song by his first unit, NCT U.

"I should've sang Chewing Gum instead." He said and just then he started to dance the chorus of their youngest unit's debut song. I, on the other hand, sang along with him.

That was when we realized, our little Sammy had eaten the egg I've cooked. A messy morning with my boyfriend will always be the best.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked after we decided to eat ramen instead.

"Yes."

"Then you shouldn't worry." He assured. "My heart only beats for you."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, caused the two of us to choke on our food due to the extreme level of cringeness of his statement.

A/N

uwaaaa i'm sorry if it took me so long to post an update :( i've been really busy and couldn't find some time to write. i'm sorry everyoneee

also, thank you for the 200k+ reads😭 it's really overwhelming considering how my updates are so slow😭😭 thank you very very very much!!