Jeno

She wasn't the type of girl who would turn heads around when she passes by nor the type of girl that is hard to look away from. She doesn't have that sharp jaw and pointed nose or that red pouty lips and small face. She isn't the first girl you'll look at in a room filled with girls. She doesn't stand out at all. She's not too girly and she doesn't pay attention to her appearance. She's not as beautiful as her bestfriend but she has the brain, the talent, the personality and the simplicity that could capture any man's heart.

Jeno has always been used to being surrounded by different people. Having the looks and talent, he always have been the center of attention. He was used to girls confessing their feelings for him but none of them made his heart excited despite them being pretty. He wasn't really looking for a girl who has a pretty face, he's more on the brain than the face.

He first noticed her when she, together with her gorgeous friend, walked inside their room. The two were looking for Renjun to return the paint brush y/n borrowed from him.

Jeno looked at her friend first, he admired her beauty but when he looked at y/n, he couldn't take his eyes off her. There was something about her that caught his attention.

"Did you use it well?" Renjun asked y/n, pertaining to the paint brush she just returned.

"Yes!" She exclaimed. "Another painting was added to my artworks."

Her eyes were sparkling as she talked about the painting and Jeno couldn't help but stare at her the whole time. Her eyes showed how passionate she is when it comes to painting and he liked it, the way her eyes shine vividly.

Eversince then, he would always watch her.

Her uniqueness captivated Jeno's heart. He loves the way she smiles and the way her eyes turn into crescents when she laughs. He loves the way she thinks — deep yet inspiring to hear. Her voice sounds mellifluous to his ear even though he heard hundreds of beautiful voices before. He loves her hair, her nose, her eyes, her lips, her personality, her softness — her everything. She was just special, being the sole person to make his heart flutter in his entire life.

"You can be truly happy when you start to appreciate everything, even the smallest things around you." She said to him with her sweet smile, her smile that became Jeno's favorite picture.

They've been spending time together since the time Jeno mastered up his courage to talk to her and every time they were together, his feelings for her deepens. They got to know more about each other, their likes and dislikes, their hobbies and favorites. They shared stories that were only told between the two of them. Their conversations that will always be special to both of them.

It was a sunny day when Jeno decided to confess his feelings for her. His feelings for her finally reached its limit, he wanted to let it out although he wasn't sure what her answer will be. He was thinking that out of 100%, he only have 1% that she likes him back but still, he held into that 1%.

He asked her to meet him at their usual place, in the school garden, afterclass.

His hands were shaking as he wait for her to arrive. His heart was beating so fast that he couldn't think straight. He was nervous that he'll embarass himself in front of the first girl he ever liked.

Seven minutes have passed since their dismissal and y/n finally appeared. She was panting, trying to catch her breath as she ran swiftly to meet Jeno.

"Sorry." She apologized. "I was asked to help a friend in cleaning the room."

"I-It's alright." He stuttered, looking away from her. "What's important is that you're already here."

Y/n squinted her eyes towards him, wondering what made Jeno nervous. "What is it that you wanted to tell me?"

He took a deep breath then he looked straight into her eyes.

"I like you." Jeno confessed. "Y/n, I like you a lot."

"You like me?" She asked, surprised that Jeno has feelings for her. "But Jeno, I'm not pretty.."

"Who said you're not?" He asked. "You're definitely the prettiest girl I've ever seen, y/n. You did not just took my breath away, you captured my eyes, my mind, my soul and more importantly, my heart."

Y/n chuckled with her cheeks burning red. "So Renjun wasn't lying when he said I influenced you." She smiled. "Thank you for that fluttering compliment and confession, Jeno."

Her statement caused the young lad to pout. "Only thank you? I spoke my heart out to you and all I could get is a thank you?"

Her smile grew widely at his cuteness. He looked adorable, standing in front of her with him pouting. She took steps towards him and she startled Jeno when she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a hug and burying her face on his neck.

"Thank you again." He heard her say. "And I would like to tell you that I feel the same way as you. I like you not because of your looks but because you are you, Jeno."

Jeno slowly wrapped his arms around her and he hugged her tighter. Their hearts were beating at the same pace, y/n couldn't even recognize if the heart that was beating loudly was his or hers.

"Remember what you said before?" Y/n just hummed in response. "There's always something more than the looks. It's not the looks that connect two lost souls looking for love. It's the heart that could feel— that could love, not the eyes, the face nor any part of the human body."