Jaehyun

Y/n had always heard how difficult it is to date a celebrity. It might even be impossible for an ordinary person like her to date one but surprisingly, Y/n was able to meet a famous handsome idol, Jung Jaehyun of NCT.

How things started going between them was a total mess but one thing is for sure, they are both certain of their feelings towards each other. Day by day, Y/n would keep on remembering the day when Jaehyun finally asked her out. It seemed like a fairytaleㅡher own kind of fairytale.

Their relationship went smoothly despite Jaehyun's full schedule. It's hard to reach him but Jaehyun always made sure to have time for Y/n on which Y/n appreciates a lot. He's a great boyfriend, the type of guy who has a great sense of humor and would take care of his girlfriend a lot. Jaehyun's a sweet person, which made it more difficult for Y/n to contain her feelings around him even though they're already dating.

Y/n had no worries with whom Jaehyun works with. He's close with Red Velvet but never did Y/n feel jealous of them because Jaehyun made sure she won't and will never feel that emotion.

But things started to become more complicated when Jaehyun was casted to work as an MC on Inkigayo, a music show aired every Sunday. At first Y/n had no trouble with it, Jaehyun told her every detail; he'll be working with Monsta X's Minhyuk and APRIL's Naeun. Y/n would even look forward seeing her boyfriend at the show.

As time passed by, Y/n had noticed how Jaehyun seemed to get along with Naeun very well. She brushed off the weird feelings but it only grew stronger, especially when Jaehyun forgot his promise.

"Jae, you told me we'll be able to meet today.." Y/n mumbled anxiously through the phone. Jaehyun was currently at the waiting room and Y/n could hear the voice of Naeun, who was laughing at the background.

"I'm sorry, Y/n." Jaehyun apologized. "I kind of promised Naeun I'll help her with something."

"Oh.." Y/n tried to sound fine and fortunately, the noise over Jaehyun's side was loud enough to cover how her voice cracked. "I understand. Let's meet when you're free, okay?"

"Yes. I'm really sorry." Jaehyun said and was called over by his manager. "I have to go now, the show's about to start."

"Okay. Take care and I loㅡ" Her sentence was cut when Jaehyun hunged up. "ㅡve you."

Y/n looked at her phone. The picture of Jaehyun and her together was her wallpaper and looking at it somewhat brought pain towards her heart. Y/n was starting to get even more anxious but as much as she could, she pushed away her feelings and tried to understand her boyfriend instead.

But Jaehyun's schedule has become more full than before. She could even barely hear his voice nor hear news about him. She would only get to see his face over the television screen during Sundays, while he smiles sweetly with Naeun beside him.

"They look good together.." She mumbled and turned off the television. She stood up from the couch and took her coat, phone and wallet, before heading out of her apartment to have a walk. "I wonder if I even cross his mind."

When Y/n decided to settle down at a bench beside Han River, two teenage girls were talking about Jaehyun's show and what she heard broke her heart into pieces.

"Naeun and Jaehyun look good together." The girl said.

"Right!" The other girl agreed. "Jaehyun is even taking good care of Naeun. They look sweet, I hope they'll end up dating each other."

"Ah, I hate this." Y/n mumbled as she stared at the sky. The weather was nice but her heavy heart didn't cause her to be happy about the weather. Her mind was a mess, and she started to ovethink about her relationship with Jaehyun.

Y/n started to stop bothering him. She stopped messaging him, calling him. She actually hope Jaehyun would visit her or even just leave one message or call but much to her disappointment, Jaehyun seemed to forgot about her.

It was Monday afternoon when she finally received a message from Jaehyun. She was, at that moment, working at the café. When the customers decreased, Y/n fished out her phone only to feel more disappointed at what she read.

"Let's meet."

Was all the message contained.

"What.." she mumbled as anxiety started rushing down her nerves. Y/n turned towards her co-worker. "Eonnie, I'll be going out in a bit."

"Y/n, you can go home." The manager told her, surprising Y/n who was taking off the apron. "You look ill. Go home and have some rest."

Even though she wanted to protest, she couldn't do anything but to follow her manager. After fixing her things, she went out to meet Jaehyun at their meeting place, a not-so-popular park in the city.

Y/n was actually nervous as she made her way there.

Jaehyun seemed serious, is he breaking up with me? Did he realize he likes Naeun more than me?

Her head was filled with thoughts and she didn't realized she had arrived at her destination. Y/n really wanted to cry, her heart was in pain. She kept on thinking what did she do wrong as what she has on mind was Jaehyun falling out of love. She was spacing out too much when two arms wrapped around her.

"What happened?" Her tears started to form once she heard Jaehyun's voice. "Tell me what's wrong."

His comforting voice made the tears she was holding back to fall. She couldn't contain her feelings anymore and so she had given up. She let herself get weak around Jaehyun's embrace.

"I'm sorry, I've been too busy. My manager has my phone most of the time." Jaehyun mumbled as he softly caressed the woman he missed the most. "I've been working really hard to have this day off. I wanted to spend this day with you."

Hearing him caused Y/n to cry even more. Her palms were covering her face as Jaehyun held her tightly.

"I'm sorry.." Y/n mumbled. "I was jealous of Naeun and I thought you no longer love me."

"I remember when you cried as you listen to our song.. No Longer." Jaehyun said as he held Y/n tightly.

"'She no longer needs me’
I want you more
Though this reality is heavy and rough
I love you, I love you, I’ll tell you all of my heart
Share your scars with me
I’m running to you right now
Because all of my moments want you"

He sung softly, making Y/n's heart to pound.

"Y/n." He called. "You know that I love you, right?" Y/n nodded. "And you know my feelings won't easily fade just like that. I know you've been comparing yourself to Naeun but to me, you'll always be the best because you're Y/n."

Jaehyun pulled out from the hug and softly wiped Y/n's tears with his tumb.  "You're Y/n, the only one who has my heart."

And his speech was more than enough to make her cry more.