10

A Month Later

I woke up to an empty house yet again. I was downstairs watching tv when my mom stumbled in the door. " oh hey eve i didn't think you would be home " she slurred. " i don't want to be " i said. " ok well find some friends to hang with i'm gonna go take a nap " she said. She tried walking upstairs but tripped. I scoffed and walked past her. " eve help " she said. " no since you wanna drink every night figure your own problems out " i said then i closed my door. I was watching tv when my phone rang.

Evelyn: Hello

Brandon: hey do you wanna hang out

Evelyn: sure when

Brandon: today

Evelyn: yea but at your house please

Brandon: yea ok come over around 2

Evelyn: ok is everyone else going

Brandon: no it's just going to be you and me

Evelyn: oh ok

Brandon: yea everyone else has stuff to do apparently actually nick is the one who told me to call you

Evelyn: oh yea i'll come over

Brandon: cool do you need my address

Evelyn: yea please

Brandon: ok

Evelyn: alright i gotta go

Brandon: k bye

Evelyn: bye

i put my phone down seeing that it was 12:30 so i got up and decided to get ready. I walked into my closet and picked out an outfit then i did my makeup and left my hair down.

I looked at the time and saw that it was 1:30 so i decided to leave

I looked at the time and saw that it was 1:30 so i decided to leave. I also noticed that i got a text brandon saying he has a pool so to bring a swim suit. I grabbed all my stuff and walked downstairs. " where do you think your going young lady " my mom said. " to hang out with friends " i said. " ok be back tonight " she said. " yea whatever bye " i said walking out. I got into my car and drove to Brandon's house. I got there about 5 minutes before 2. I grabbed all my stuff and rang the doorbell. A girl opened it. " hi " she said. " hi i'm a friend of brandon's " i said. " oh come in " she said. I walked in and stood there. " oh he's in his room " she said. I was about to walk away but then i realized that i didn't know where his room is. " do you know where his room is " she asked. " no sorry this is my first time here " i said smiling. " it's ok it's down the hall to the left " she said. " thank you uhh " i said. " halie brandon's older sister " she said. " i'm evelyn but eve for short " i said smiling. " nice to meet you " she said walking away. " you too " i said. I followed what she said and walked into his room. When i walked in he was on his bed watching tv. " oh hey " he said standing up. " hey " i said walking up to him. We hugged then pulled apart he sat back down and i sat next to him. " when did you get here " he asked. " maybe 5 minutes ago " i said. " oh " he said. " yea i met halie she's really nice " he said. " yea to you " he said laughing. " man eve you don't ever fail to dress " he said. " what do you mean " i asked. " your always bad even if your dressed bummy you are always dressed nicely " he said. " you know you want to look just as good as me " i said laughing. " OMG YASSSSS GIRL " he said making laugh. We were in his room just talking for about 30 minutes. " hey you wanna got swimming " he asked. " yea i need to change tho " i said. " ok well you can change in my bathroom i will be outside " he said. " ok " i said. I walked into his bathroom and changed. I walked out and grabbed us both a towel out of my bag then walked out if his room.

" he's in the back walk out to the living room and go out the double doors " halie said

" he's in the back walk out to the living room and go out the double doors " halie said. " thanks " i said smiling. I walked outside and didn't see brandon. " BOO " he yelled popping out. " AHH " i screamed throwing the towels. I got up while he laughed his ass off. " not that funny brandon " i said picking up the towels. " aww i'm sorry " he said still laughing. " yea whatever " i said. We sat down under a cover they had in their backyard. " so you and nick are about to hit one month " he said. " yea " i said looking down. " what's wrong " he said. " i don't think i'm into him like that " i said looking at the pool. " what do you mean " he asked. " i think i only liked him because i had just gotten out of a painful relationship and wanted to feel happy " i said. " oh " he said. " please don't tell him this but i think that i might break up with him " i said. " and your sure you aren't happy " he said. " i don't know " i said. " ok well let's get into the pool " he said standing up. I smiled standing up and i ran jumping into the pool.