Chapter One: A Nag

Let's be real Jin is such a mother

Like we could call him daddy bc I know he doesn't like being called "eomma" but it has too many sexy connotations ok

He's just so definitely the nagging type xD which is where the inspiration for this story was born.

So... eat well, sleep good and stan Kim Seokjin.

Chapter One: A Nag

My breathing came in heavy, hard pants. Ordinarily, I wouldn't become this bothered, but I was pushing myself to my limit today. My competitive streak had arisen, adrenaline surging through my body.

My feet pounded into the ground, trainers squeaking, as I leapt with all the strength I could muster. My palm connected.

A small "Wuaahh" sounded as I dropped back to the floor, the ball slamming down on the other side of the court. The whistle shrieked. We were done.

I beamed at my teammates, a few of which were quick to tackle me. We jostled together, celebrating, as our cheer squad yelled their congratulations down from the stands. I wiped the sweat from my forehead with the back of my arm.

"Nice, unnie!" One of the first years, who was benched, ran up to us, eyes sparkling. I grinned and rose my hands up, our palms slapping together in "High ten". I looked around at my team.

"That was so much fun!" I grinned, elated, the adrenaline still coursing through my blood. "They nearly had us! I really thought we were going to lose for a minute."

"No you didn't." Joohae slapped my back, laughing, "You're too much of a blockhead for self doubt."

"Hey!" I laughed, mussing up her hair. "That's no way to speak to your captain!"

The whistle sounded again, and we lined up on the Volleyball court to bow to our opposition. It had only been a practice match with one of the neighbouring schools, but everyone in our club took our sport very seriously, as did our opponents. Which was why we played them so often.

I grinned at Yun-ji as I shook her hand, captain to captain. "I love playing against you guys so much. You really gave us a run for our money."

"Don't get cocky, we beat you last time!" She said in challenge; we'd play again soon for sure. "We're just using you to keep sharp."

"Sore loser." I stuck my tongue out, and she let go of my hand to flick my face. I just laughed. We'd been friends since middle school, having once been on the same team together, until we got split up by going to different high schools. It was good motivation to have a rival.

I would normally shower after a match, because I was super sweaty, but my house wasn't far from here so I decided to just walk home in my uniform. It needed washing anyway- and since we were at the opposing school it would be nice to take the opportunity to walk.

It would have been nice to go to this school. It was so much closer to my home, but... well, my parents wanted me to go to Seoul West, so Seoul West it was. Tuition was expensive, and it was further away, but I had made friends after a time so it wasn't all bad. And our volleyball team was the best. Yun-ji's team could fight me if they thought otherwise.

I retied my ponytail in the changing room and grabbed my backpack, stuffing my things into it. I notified Coach that I was going to walk and then left without trouble- this was routine already. Though, normally it would be that my babysitter would come and pick me up.

I'd left that part out. She didn't need to know I was walking on my own. It was a nice day, and I wanted to squeeze in a run if I was being fully truthful. I was tired from the match, but still had some energy leftover- that, and I wanted to work up the biggest appetite I could before I got home.