Chapter Six: Awkward

Oh look, a whole ass cutie (lowkey might just fill the media of each chapter with gifs of Jin blowing kisses because who doesn't need more of that in their life)

Deadass this dude on HelloTalk just asked me to come to Chicago. I LIVE IN THE UK. I can't tell if I'm misunderstanding or if he is but wtf man. Unless u are one of BTS in disguise I'm not travelling halfway around the world to answer ur booty call lmfao

(Tbh wouldn't even do that for Jin and y'all should know by now I stan him)

Anyways, on w the show broskies

Chapter Six: Awkward

I couldn't seem to contain myself in afternoon practice. I was excited- it was my birthday party later (my actual birthday had been earlier in the week but Friday evening was a better choice for a party for multiple reasons) and pretty much all of my friends were going to be there. All of my fellow third years from club, Joohae, Yeon-il and Hyunseo, and all of my old middle school friends including Yun-ji, Jimin and Taehyung. I hadn't seen those three since Yun-ji's barbecue a couple weeks ago. I knew Jimin was excited because he'd begun pestering me again. As for Taehyung... well, he was probably looking forward to it, but he was very unlike Jimin in that he nearly always forgot to reply to text messages.

Gathering my team (we were split into two groups to play a practice match, having finished a sprinting exercise earlier) I gave them some instructions, hoping we could come up with a good strategy to beat the others. I loved that they all listened to me so well, and I felt good, in sync with both them and my body. It was nice to be respected, too. I'd worked so hard to develop the skills I had now. Being Captain often reminded me of that- and made me feel that someone else had recognised it.

Catching the train with a gang of my friends was weirdly fun, despite everyone getting a little crammed together. Hyunseo and Yeon-il had met us from their own clubs, though Hyunseo seemed to regret it as he slowly realised he was a lone boy in a large group of girls. He was subject to rather a lot of teasing and harassment, and wound up hiding behind me.

Walking toward my house from the station, se met a couple others on the way. It seemed that Jimin had gotten ready with Taehyung at his house, because there they were, a metre or so in front of us on my street. I called out to them, and both came running, grinning.

"Happy birthday!" Both of the guys hugged me (both were cuddly people) not seeming to worry about the fact that a three way hug was very difficult to pull off successfully. Before we could fall I shoved them off me, laughing.

"Stop, you guys. Too close!" Jimin just stuck his tongue out at me,

"It's your birthday! Well, your party. I didn't get to give you one of my world famous hugs on your actual birthday so I can't not it now." He said, and Taehyung shrugged.

"I just like hugs." Jimin laughed at that and hit his coconut headed best friend.

"Well, we can do introductions in a mo when everyone has arrived. My house is just over there." Of course, Jimin and Tae knew that already; that was more for the benefit of the others who had never visited before.

As we drew closer to the house, I slowed, squinting. Was that my driveway, or next doors?

Dread began to trickle in, puddling in my stomach.

"Hey, who's car?" Yeon-il picked up her pace to walk beside me, "I thought you said we would have the house to ourselves?"

Please, God, Buddha, if anyone is listening. Please, no. Anything but this.

I didn't respond. I was too busy wishing that I could miraculously will the house to be empty.

But, as we got closer, the car was still very much there.