Chapter Eighteen: The Date

I had so much fucking fun writing this. Enjoy, fellow nerds

Chapter Eighteen: The Date

I stared at the application form on my laptop. I still hadn't made up my mind. I'd thought about it all of last night, just staring, and for even longer this morning.

Should I really? Could I really? Just apply to a different university without saying anything to my parents?

They hadn't seemed to care all that much what university I went to, as long as it was a good one, and Dongseo was pretty prestigious...

But wasn't it too much? To just up and decide to go to Busan. I'd never lived anywhere other than here... all my friends were here, the convenience store that I knew, the restaurants and cafés that I liked. Nothing would be familiar in Busan. Sure, I'd have Yeon-il, but she wasn't going to be doing the same course as me. She was doing Archaeology. I'd be alone in all my classes...

Staring at the online portal a little more, I frowned. But...

But, I'd have more freedom, away. A newish start in a new place. If I wasn't living under their roof, my parents would have less ability to control me. And...

I could play volleyball. They'd never know.

My Father had connections at the Seoul university I'd applied to. If I played volleyball, he would know. But, at Dongseo, he... wouldn't.

That was enough on it's own to make me bite down on my lip and begin filling out the webform.

"Ya, Oh Ju-eun, are you for real?" I jumped as if having been caught stealing as Jin-oppa leaned through my already open door. "Do you always ignore the door when someone knocks?"

I closed my laptop with a snap. "Sorry. I was... distracted." I frowned, "Why would you knock? You have a key."

He sighed. "I was trying to do this whole date thing properly. As in, knocking, waiting to answer the door, so you get all those 'ba-thump' moments when you answer the door to see your amazing boyfriend standing there looking handsome in his date outfit because he dressed up for you." He gestured to himself as he ranted, and I giggled. "Like in a drama!"

"You're enough drama for me, Oppa." I said, and he clutched his heart, falling back against the doorframe.

"How could you say that to me? I'm the most down to Earth person ever." He sighed, forcing the grin off his face, "This uncooperative girlfriend. My comment earlier was a cue for you to compliment me."

"Wow, Seokjin-oppa, so handsome~" I called flatly, and he scowled.

"Very funny." At that, I grinned, standing up and straightening my skirt.

"Shouldn't it be the guy complimenting the girl, anyway?" I said, striking a pose with my hand on my hip. I was wearing a pink skirt with a white crop top, since it was still warm, and white sneakers with pastel blue accents. A blue baseball cap was on my head. "How is it? Do I look like an idol?"

He stared at me, and I kicked him, laughing. "I'll take that as a yes."

He smiled, wryly. "You look cute."

I reached up and patted his cheeks, smooshing them together. "So do you. Even if this is an ugly face. Amazing."

He pulled my hands away, laughing. "Stop that, you."

"Never." I fought to grab his cheeks again, but soon couldn't because he'd wrapped his arms around me, pinning mine to my sides.

"We ought to get going. We have a date to get to, remember?"