Chapter Twenty-Nine: Assurance

Shit man it has been so long since i updated

Warning: things get steamy in this chapter. No smut, but like,,, adult stuff ahead *wink wonk*

-

I held still, staring. I didn't really know how to respond. My boyfriend stared back, one hand still on the handle of the drawer, that, among other things, had a large box full of condoms in it.

Finally, I managed to speak. "Well. Um. Why were you going through my drawer?"

His brow furrowed. "I was looking for a pen, to leave you a note. Since I have to leave soon."

"Oh." he still gazed at me, expectant. I flushed. "I haven't used any, if that's what you're thinking..." he rose an eyebrow, and I pressed my lips together, trying to at least somewhat quell my desire to crawl back into the bathroom and lock the door. "I, um... Yuna made me... hide them for her... when her parents came to visit. She never came to get them back, just takes one at a time..."

He snorted, then, pushing the drawer shut and dropping to sit on my bed. "So... your friend is using you as condom storage."

I cringed, but nodded, scratching my head. "I guess you could put it like that, yeah..."

He just laughed, and a small smile lifted my lips, just about. Tucking my hair behind my ear, I trotted back over to him, plopping down on the bed beside him. "Do you really have to go soon?"

I leaned against his side, looking up at him, and he smiled down at me before pecking my forehead. "Yeah. If I don't want to get in trouble."

Placing a hand on his chest, I turned my body toward him, tucking my legs underneath myself. "Aren't you the boss?"

He gave a wry, but humoured smile. "Technically, but there are still key shareholders and also my Dad to think about."

I puffed out my cheeks, expressing the disappointment I felt in the form of sulkiness. "I don't want you to go."

He grinned, pressing both of my cheeks in with his palms so that the air escaped with a raspberry noise. This time, the kiss was on my lips, rather than my forehead.

"Trust me, I'd much rather stay here than go and get bossed around by those old guys." he said, placing his forehead against mine and closing his eyes. "But, rules is rules. Any later and I will definitely not get enough beauty sleep tonight."

I pouted once again, but it was joking, insincere. "You're prioritising your face over your girlfriend?"

"Obviously." he chuckled, teasing, then leaned back and poked my nose, "Indirectly it benefits you, too."

I laughed, at that. "That's true, your face is the only good thing about you, oppa."

"Yah!" he pulled a face in mock offense, shoving me lightly backward. I purposely fell down heavily into the mattress, throwing my arms out.

"Wah, abuse!" I exclaimed, laying still, pretending like it had hurt. He laughed, grasping my waist, and I squealed as he raked his fingers over my ribs, tickling me. Writhing and slapping at his arms, I yelled, between giggles, rewarded for my efforts by both wrists being pinned above my head, his free hand still torturing me.

It was only when he finally gave it a rest, dropping his head to the crook of my neck, that I realised just what position we were in, the tension in the room rising ever so slightly.

My body tensed in surprise as soft lips touched my throat, gentle, followed by the side of my neck, then my jaw. He leaned back, face only a few inches from mine, eyes alive, with something. I held my breath. Staring at him this close, I could see every detail. His eyelashes were long.