Chapter Twenty-Eight: An Airhead

It had been a few days, and I'd managed to get ahold of Oppa's number, by getting Taehyung's number from Yeon-il and asking him. I'd texted him countless times, but Jin had not answered once. As time passed, I grew more and more listless, my brain working up all kinds of crazy theories.

"He's definitely found someone else." I mumbled as I leaned across the kitchen counter miserably, draped over my essay notes. "Some attractive older woman from the west, with silky blonde hair and blue eyes and a curvy body. Probably named Sandra or something..."

"You're being ridiculous." Yeon-il said dryly, sat on the couch. I reared up.

"I'm not!" I wailed, "Why would he want someone rude like me? He's obviously really angry, or he would have replied to my texts!"

"God, you're so annoying..." Yeon grumbled, then finally turned, leaning over the back of the sofa. "Maybe he's just busy? If he's acting CEO he's probably got a butt tonne of shit to do!"

I bonked my head on the table a few times, and she groaned. Mumbling, I sulked. "He could at least text me back. It only takes two seconds. He must be really mad..." I sat up, throwing my head back, "Why did I have to get mad at him? And yell?! I never yell! Why am I such an idiot? Why is this essay so hard?!"

"She still on this?" Yuna asked, entering the kitchen, and Yeon nodded, looking annoyed. I scowled as she looked to me, raising her eyebrows. "Girl if he's giving you this much drama just dump his ass. It's not worth it, even if he is really hot." She folded her arms. "I'll find you a new man. We're students! We're meant to be having fun."

"We're meant to be studying." Yeon-il sighed, going back to her notes. I'd been in a relationship the whole time I'd been here, so, Yeon-il, being the only other girl, got this treatment from Yuna a lot. Endless pestering to come out clubbing, to be her wingwoman and try hook up with guys while they were out. Unfortunately for Yuna, Yeon was 100% not interested. Turning back to the notes on her lap, she spoke again, "Trust me, Eun-ah. That guy is too head over heels for you to be this mad over a silly lover's spat. Give it time, he'll probably call you tomorrow. It's the weekend tomorrow."

But, the whole of Saturday rolled past with nothing. Not a single word. Not even a hint.

By Saturday evening I was so miserable that Yeon-il actually agreed to go out with me for food sunday lunchtime. Breakfast for dinner. She made me leave my phone at home. "If you even mention Kim Seokjin one time I will leave right then and there."

I nodded, saluting. "I promise."

Seeming satisfied, she slipped on her shoes, and we headed out, going to the little café that was down the road from our building. I got waffles, and her pancakes. It was nice. I felt relaxed, and almost normal, dwelling less on the events of a few days ago. It helped, not having my phone with me. We did some shopping, too, until it slowly became evening. We'd been out all afternoon, somehow.

When we returned to the apartment, Yuna was bouncing around, energised. Yeon and I exchanged looks- she hardly left her room, on a weekend. Especially with all our deadlines coming. But, as she jumped at me with wide eyes, it began to make sense. "Why didn't you take your phone with you?!"

"I told her not to." Yeon-il said, mystified, and Yuna screamed wordlessly, throwing her arms in the air.

"Just- go to your room! He's here!" She hissed, and realisation dawned over myself and Yeon-il. I glanced at her, nervously swallowing. Suddenly, I really didn't want to go in my room.

But, I didn't get a choice, because both of my friends began shoving me down the hall. "Dude came all the way here, you can't not speak to him." Yeon-il responded bluntly, when I gazed at her helplessly. "Go."