Chapter Three: Pool Party

Stan Kim Seokjin. That is all

Chapter Three: Pool Party

I sighed heavily, rolling onto my back as I scratched my cat between the ears. Mandu purred, licking his paws. "Mandu-yah." He just continued what he was doing, ignoring the fact that his mother was talking to him. I stopped scratching and instead poked his side. "Mandu-yah. It's boring. Do something."

It was hot, and I was bored. My parents were supposed to be home this weekend, but it was almost lunchtime and there was still no sign of them. If it got much later I'd be forced to walk to Yun-ji's place. And I didn't really want to do that. It was very hot out.

Sighing again, I rolled onto my stomach, grappling for the TV remote that was somewhere on the floor by my bed. Finally managing to grab it, I flicked the TV on, channel surfing. Jin-oppa would come give me a lift if I asked him, but... I couldn't pester him on his day off. He had enough to do. He wasn't responsible for me right now. Even if it was incredibly boring being at home without him belting out some ballad downstairs or nagging me about my homework.

It did get annoying sometimes that he pestered me so much about these things, especially as he was not my parent nor blood related to me in the slightest... but if he didn't do it, who would? Not my actual parents, that's for sure.

I finally settled on a show, some weird reality TV shtick with people answering questions and being given punishments for wrong answers. It was so hot that I was sweating, even though I was doing literally nothing. I groaned again. If Seokjin was here I could get him to take me for ice cream. Or make slushies out of the ice cubes in the freezer.

I sat up. Why couldn't I make slushies on my own? Like Oppa said, I'm 18, an adult. He might be an adultier adult but I can still do a lot of the things he can. It couldn't be that hard to blend up ice, right?

Wrong.

I stared at the smoking blender in horror as it gave a small sputter and finally gave up. What did I do wrong? All I did was put in some ice... not like I overloaded it, surely? I only used one tray of ice cubes...

I looked once again at the blender instructions, and grimaced. Okay, maybe I did put in a bit too much ice...

Quickly, I unplugged the blender and ran outside to toss the evidence in the recycling bin. Perhaps it was good that no one was here. No one to catch me in the act.

Smiling to myself in a somewhat pleased manner, I went back inside my house, deciding it was probably better to just wait out the remaining hours until I had to leave in my bedroom.

When the time finally drew near, I slung on a swimsuit under a short sundress, half expecting my oppa to appear just to scold me about how short the skirt was. He did not, and I left the house peacefully, out into the full onslaught of thee sweltering sunshine.

It was only around a mile, so a half hour walk, which I didn't really mind. I'd been lazing around pretty much all day, so really the exercise would do me good. I was so absorbed in the music I had blaring through my headphones that I didn't hear the muffled yelling... which meant that when the familiar, cheerful face was right in front of my I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Ju eun-ah!" I yanked my earphones out as the bicycle skidded to a stop in front of me. I blinked, twice, then smiled.

"Ah, Taehyung-oppa. You nearly got me." I said, and he just laughed.

"Sorry, Ju-eunnie. I was calling you but you didn't answer. I decided to make an impact." I rolled my eyes at him, but couldn't help but laugh. Tae was from Daegu, but transferred to mine and Yun-ji's middle school halfway through second year. He'd been quiet to begin with, but soon made it pretty obvious that he was a cheery and doofy person, so made a lot of friends. "You heading to Yun-ji's too?"