Chapter Twenty-five: Hungover

For those of you that don't know, Snow is an app like Snapchat but more popular in Asian countries like Korea. A lot of kpop groups, inc BTS one time, take turns having partnerships w theapp and posting stories.

- - -

"You always take so long to get ready to leave!" Yeon-il complained, leaning against the door as I messed with my hair. I scowled at her.

"Well I'm sorry that I needed to empty my bladder before we leave!" I huffed, straightening up and grabbing my jacket. We were heading to a house party that a bunch of other First years from Arin's and my classes were throwing to celebrate the first week of uni being over and help people get to know each other. I was used to meeting and talking with new people thanks to volleyball, and for some reason people seemed to just... talk to me. I think it was mostly because they were curious about Arin, who had latched onto me, but too intimidated to talk to him directly. There were a couple other foreigners in our classes too, seemingly english speaking like Arin, and they'd all become friends. Mine and Arin's social circle had rapidly expanded.

One of the English speaking girls had been the one to suggest the house party. Her accent was different to Arin's. He had informed me that she was British, while he was American, which was why they sounded different. The British girl, Janie, seemed nice, bubbly. She made mistakes in her Korean sometimes which resulted in her saying so,e odd things, and I think that was partly why she'd stuck to Arin so quickly. He would correct her and could explain her mistakes to her in english.

I could imagine it was probably relieving to have someone that spoke your native language around in a foreign country. Arin seemed to like her, too.

Finally strapping myself into the heels (the only pair I owned), I straightened up, brushing off the tight fitting black cotton dress. "How do I look?"

"Delicious." Yuna, one of the other girls in our flat, exclaimed. Her red hair was straightened, body squeezed into a tight leather skirt and a bralet. She had to be freezing, but once we got outside it'd be warmer. The aircon in here was crazy. I grinned at her, and she looped her arms around mine and Yeon-il's necks, pulling us together. "We need to take a picture together."

"A selfie? I want in!" I heard Arin yell from behind us, and she stuck her tongue out at him.

"No! Girls of flat 17 only." He pouted, and she held her phone out to him. "You can take it."

"Fine..." we three girls posed together, grinning, and Arin took the photo. Suddenly, Yuna called out to the other guy, behind Arin.

"Hey! Suwon, get in here!" Suwon, the final occupant of our flat, looked mildly aggravated. He was coming along, but only under sufferance. Well, so he said, but his hair was carefully styled.

"How come he can get in but I can't?" Arin complained, and Yuna grinned.

"You too. Full flat shot this time!" Yanking Suwon into us, and making him practically crash into me, we were crammed into a photo together, Arin turning the phone to selfie mode so he could squeeze into the frame while taking it. Before we left I managed to squeeze in a couple of selfies with each of my new flatmates, and several with Yeon-il. I posted them to Snow, then stuck my phone in the small bag I carried with me.

Janie seemed weird when we arrived at her place. She smiled and giggled too much, teetering on her heels as she answered the door to us. We were a bit late, so the party was already well underway. A lot of loud music, dim lighting, and teenagers dancing together. After a moment, I realised: she was drunk.

Once the door closed, Arin elbowed her. "You got started quickly."

"Shhh." She responded, laughing. "Go hard or go home, that's what I say."