Chapter Thirty-Five: Routine

Ayy we hit 10k reads. Ty dudes

Idk how much longer this book will be. We're maybe heading into the end stretch now. I'll try to wrap it up before I start posting the other book I'm working on in the background bc I don't want to have too much ongoing at once

I wish I could update more often but I'm super busy atm! I'm moving in like... a month, and there's a lot of stuff to do, plus I'm working a tonne to get as much funding for the trip as possible... It's hard 😓

***

Seokjin's not in the bed with me, when I wake up. I must have dozed off after the shower. My hair' s still damp, but brushed. I'm pretty sure I'd been sat in his lap while he brushed it, so it's a mystery how he managed to move me without me waking up.

My eyes feel sore. I'd started crying again, in the shower. He'd been so gentle with me, so warm, and it hurt, because of how hard I wished for my parents to be like that, too. But they weren't, and all this stuff had happened, and now I had nothing.

I roll over to my side, catching a glance of Seokjin's glasses, which are placed carefully on the bedside table. Not nothing. I still have him, at least.

That was what had made me cry again. I remember it now. He'd told me I could stay here until I sorted my situation.

I still have a few weeks until my phone contract will cut off. I'd already had a text come through, notifying me about the termination of my service. It takes a month to go through properly, so I have time to let the important people know. And talk to the school, if my parents haven't already done so. I don't care about the degree, but my team... they would be so disappointed. I'm a little scared to talk to them, knowing I've let them down.

The door opens, and Seokjin's gaze settles on me. He looks a little stressed, but it dissolves into a smile when he realises I'm awake. It makes me feel guilty. He has enough going on, without me adding to his burden. But what else can I do? I have no one else to lean on. I'd done enough begging for one day, raspy and shameless, hoping my parents wouldn't cast me away from all I'd ever known. To no avail.

"If you were awake, why didn't you come out?" he asks, and I rub my face, realising all over again that I don't know a thing about surviving in the real world.

"I only just woke up." I murmur. My voice is a little raw. Even if it's silent, crying hurts my throat. "You shouldn't have let me sleep."

He gives a somehow wan smile and comes over, standing in front of me and taking my hands in his. "You seemed exhausted. You were barely keeping your eyes open." he grins, "And maybe I just wanted to see my girlfriend's cute sleeping face."

That rises a small laugh from me, and I roll my eyes as he swings our hands. "Ah, yes, so cute, all red and swollen from crying."

The sarcasm isn't lost on him, and he drops a lot harder than necessary onto the bed next to me, making me yelp and bounce. He roughly pulls me into him, and says, "Well, maybe that's a look I'm into." I go silent and look up at him, and his attempt at keeping a straight face crumbles, that same laugh tumbling from his lips. "Honestly! Your face, Ju-eun, what kind of pervert do you think I am?"

"The creepy kind." I grumble... but snuggle into him anyway. Then, I sigh, "Well, you're gonna see a lot more of my sleeping face, now..."