Chapter Twenty-Two: Protective

Chapter Twenty-two: Protective

Waking up with Jin was nice.

In that first-awoken haze, I shifted my weight a little, twisting to get comfortable, because my arm had fallen asleep. He smelled a little like alcohol, but mostly just like him... that distinct, Jinlike scent that I could never quite define. I wondered if I smelled that way to him.

He was still in the button-up and slacks from the night before. I was surprised he hadn't overheated, but, from his face, he was blissfully comfortable. I tilted my head up to kiss his jaw softly, then snuggled back in again.

I had been planning to just go back to sleep, but as the fog of sleep withdrew I realised; I was desperate for the toilet. Looking down at the arms around me, I wondered how exactly I was supposed to get out of this without waking him up. If this were a fanfiction, I'd attempt to remove myself carefully, trying not to wake him, but then wake him anyway, surprise both of us, and probably fall out of the bed and wind up in a compromising position.

This, however, did not account for the heavy sleeper that was a hungover Seokjin.

When I flung his arm off me, he just rolled over, groaning slightly, and the back of his hand smacked into the wall by my bed. Even that didn't wake him, though it must have hurt.

I managed to use the toilet and wash my face without any issue, then went downstairs to get some juice. It was late morning already. Making a glass for my drunkard boyfriend, I carried it upstairs with me, and set it on my bedside table. Getting back in bed, I shook him lightly. He was on his side, back to me, and didn't respond. At all.

I jutted out my bottom lip, jabbing him a little in the centre of his back. "Oppa."

This time, I was met with a sleepy complaint. "Go 'way..."

He began to snore, softly. No way. Had he really spoken in his sleep? Or was he just pretending to get me to leave him alone? Either option seemed viable.

"Ya, oppa..." he continued to snore. I sighed, and laid back down beside him, settling to just mess with my phone for a bit, until he woke up.

Except that dragged on a lot longer than anticipated, and I got impatient.

"Ah, first you bother me with drunken antics last night, and now you make me wait here bored while you sleep? Aish." I grumbled quietly, while he snoozed. Sitting up, I leaned over him, resting my arms on his side gently. His mouth was slightly agape, hair sticking up in all directions. It was cute.

Snapping a quick picture, I rested my chin on my forearms. "I guess I'll forgive you. Because you're cute when you sleep."

I was forced to straighten up as he rolled onto his back, then watched as he felt around blindly on the mattress. Slowly, his eyes opened in a squint, coming to focus on me. "Wah, creepy. Have you been watching me sleep?"

His voice was thick. He inhaled, deeply, stretching. I smiled, leaning back a bit where I sat on my knees. "You looked cute. You should feel fortunate your girlfriend can even find a face like that attractive."

His eyes were closed again, but he smirked somewhat, and I felt his hand come to rest on my lower back. "How long have you been up?"

"Bout forty minutes. It got boring." I chuckled, lightly, laying back down next to him as he patted my back.

"Then go back to sleep while I cuddle you." He said, pulling me into him and resting his forehead against mine. "Hungover Seokjin needs to sleep until at least 1PM."

"That's such a waste, you know how much stuff you can do in those hours?" I said, smiling slightly, but my eyes were shut now, too. He hooked one leg over both of mine.