Chapter Thirty-two: Discomfort

I love this dork sm

Y'all playing btsworld? Literally all of the boys are angry @ me and i don't have any items to make them happy i'm stressed

Also MIN YUNKI STOP GIVING ME ATTITUDE

***

From: Eomma
Received: 13:08
Body: Ju-eun, when are you home?

I couldn't seem to stop rearranging myself in the car, driving to Seokjin's childhood home. The text from my Mother was the least of my worries, because the blouse I wore didn't seem to want to behave... or, maybe it was that I couldn't decide how it looked best. That seemed more accurate. I was the problem. If I was more shapely instead of muscle-twig perhaps it would have looked better. I tapped out a quick response, telling her I'd be travelling back this weekend, then tucked my phone back away and fidgeted again with the shirt.

Jin gave me the side eye from the driver's seat. "What are you doing?"

"I should have worn something else." I moaned quietly, and he sighed.

"You already changed outfits four times. You look great." he read my expression and frowned. "I am not going back. No way. We're already down to the wire."

I grumbled wordlessly, headbutting the headrest then realising the sin I had committed and fixing my hair. "I don't want to go back..." I mumbled dejectedly, "I want to reverse time and have different genes."

He snorted, and I slapped him. "since when were you so concerned about looks?"

I just huffed, folded my arms, and turned to face the window. I mumbled under my breath, "You wouldn't understand, k-drama lead."

"Yah, what are you grumbling about? How rude toward your boyfriend!" I continued to stare out of the window, rubbing my lips together nervously. "Cheer up. You're worrying too much! Just be yourself."

"What if she doesn't like me as myself though?"

Pulling up into the driveway didn't help calm my nerves at all. For starters, because we'd had to wait at an electric, guarded gate just to access the complex. As the Security guy had checked Seokjin's ID, I'd made a quiet exclamation asking just how freaking rich his parents were. And, judging from the house, the answer was extremely so.

After parking up in the meticulously gravelled driveway, Seokjin had taken one look at my expression and grimaced. In an attempt to regain my attention, he reached and unbuckled my seatbelt, causing me to jolt out of my awe. "Come on."

I exhaled heavily through my nose, hoping it would calm my stomach somewhat, and got out of the car. At least it was only his mother. I wasn't sure I could handle both her and his Father all at once.

To say I felt uncomfortable as Jin entered the passcode and let us both into the foyer was an understatement. He yelled loud for his Mother and I jumped almost out of my skin. This encounter was going to reduce my life by at least ten years, I was sure.

"My baby!" the woman that hurried down the stairs somehow elegantly was very young looking, with bright eyes and silky hair and a face that made it very clear where Seokjin got his looks from. She smiled beautifully as she approached her son, grasping him by the shoulders and kissing both cheeks even though he was taller than her. He had a deep grimace on his face.

"Mom..." he groaned, shrugging away, "Must you do that every time?"

"Maybe if you visited more often..." she almost sulked in return, "This ungrateful son." if I could have swallowed my own tonsils, when she looked at me, I would have. "You must be Oh Ju-eun. I'd say I've heard all about you, but..." she pulled a face, "My darling son didn't deem fit to tell me he had a girlfriend."