Chapter Twenty-Seven: New Experiences

The livestream today (yesterday???) was amazing

ㅋㅋㅋ

"Oppa what the fuck."

The words came out bluntly, but I was beside myself. Yeon and Arin hung over me, despite me trying to bat them away, trying to listen in to the phone conversation. Jin, for once, didn't scold me for the bad language.

"So, you, uh... saw the news-"

"YES I SAW THE NEWS." I exclaimed, and he laughed awkwardly.

"Uh, well, about that-"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE GOING TO BE DOING SOME KIND OF PRESS CONFERENCE?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST A LACKEY RECEPTIONIST TYPE MEMBER OF STAFF!" I couldn't seem to stop myself yelling. It had gotten my annoying flatmates to move back a little, though. "YOUR EXACT WORDS WERE THAT YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT, SO WHY WERE YOU THERE WITH NEWS REPORTERS?!"

"If you'd shut up for two seconds I'd be able to tell you!" He finally rose his voice, too, exasperated. I was scowling somewhat. He sighed. "Sorry. Just... calm down a bit."

I pursed my lips, tapping my foot. "I am calm." I shot a glare at Yeon as she snorted. "I just can't believe you wouldn't tell me about something so important."

"It's not that important-"

"Yes, it is!" He sighed again.

"Are you going to let me explain?" I puffed out my cheeks a little in my frown, but bit my tongue. "I'm... behaving as acting CEO, now. In place of my dad, because he's sick."

"Dude's a chaebol kid?!" Yeon exclaimed, loudly, having leaned back close to the speaker. She slammed her hand over her mouth as I gave her an annoyed look.

Jin was silent a moment, then finally made some kind tired noise. "Yes, technically, you could say that..."

"What's a chaebol?" Arin whispered to Yeon-il, leaning close,

"A big old company. Like, well established business." She informed quietly, and he held up his fingers, rubbing them together in question. She nodded. "Big money."

"Ju-eun bagged a rich guy huh?" Arin grinned at me, and I gave him a dirty look as he did a double thumbs-up in my direction. "Nice going."

"It's not like that." I said, defensive. "I didn't even know." I turned my attention back to my very-much-in-trouble boyfriend. "Because this guy I'm on the phone with didn't seem to think it was important to tell his girlfriend that he was the son of the CEO of one of the biggest corporations in South Korea."

"Ya, Ju-eun, don't be like that, it's really not a big deal-"

"Don't tell me that you hiding things from me isn't a big deal." I snapped, temper flaring. My two friends exchanged uncomfortable glances. I wasn't liable to get angry often. Arin had yet to see it, Yeon-il only a few times. Even so, it was uncomfortable to be around arguing people. They began to evacuate my room, slowly shuffling backward. "Is that all there is? Or have you been hiding other things from me too?"

"I didn't hide anything." He responded hotly, sounding annoyed, too. "You're being ridiculous."

"Not telling me is that same as hiding!" I exclaimed, "There were plenty of times you could have told me, but you didn't! How long have you known you were going to be filling in?"

"I didn't know, Ju-eun, it was sudden because my Dad went to the hospital." He said, short, and my anger was abruptly extinguished, replaced by guilt. Regret.