Chapter Thirty-Six: Exhaustive

Wild, one more chapter and this book'll overtake Gold

Also why do y'all other writers on this app love making Jungkook into some uber alpha dom possessive borderline rapist? Please. Have you even seen kook he's the sweetest babie to ever have babied he'd def not be a huge asshole to the person he likes why are y'all so into this gross shit kook baby i'm so sorry

***

It's a little hard for Seokjin to keep his nerve, as he pulls up outside of the Oh's house in his car. Namjoon's gaze flicks nervously between the large building and the tense brunette. Seokjin clenches his fists round the steering wheel, once, then lets go to cut the engine, and sighs.

"Let's get this over with." He says. Namjoon frowns.

"Deep breath first, hyung." He jokes, trying to break the tension. "They seem like the type to press charges if you break anything."

Seokjin isn't playing along, though, rolling his shoulders exhaustedly and giving a soft groan. He'd taken a few days off work because it seemed like his girlfriend needed him- he was overdue some time off, anyway- but seeing her like this was hard. She was trying her best to hide it, but sadness perforated every action she made, every smile, every conversation. He couldn't blame her. She'd been abandoned.

His gaze slides back to the house. He could blame them, however. How could they drop their own daughter? Just for dating someone they didn't approve of?

Seokjin runs a hand back through his hair and finally removing the keys from the ignition. "I don't want to hear that from you."

There's a subtle swell of anger in his gut as he knocks on the door, but at the same time he's a little nervous. He's not sure what to expect from the two people that had once been his employers. Would they cuss him out? Blame him for corrupting their daughter?

The actual response, was perhaps, worse.

"Seokjin." Ms Oh showed little expression, merely casting a glance over him and then Namjoon, "What brings you to my door?"

"Ju-eun's documentation." He says, shortly. He didn't know what he was expecting, but it wasn't this. Did she even care? She looked so... so normal. Like she hadn't even noticed that her only child was gone. "She needs her passport, birth certificate, et cetera..."

It's hard to keep his tone polite. Her gaze meets his again for a second, and then she turns, returning to the coffee in her hand, using the other to gesture for him to follow. "You might as well take some things from her room, too. They'll only get thrown out."

Jin sucks in a sharp breath to let out his rage, but is stopped by a hand on his arm. He looks back at Namjoon with his jaw strained and eyes wide. Namjoon shakes his head. Ms Oh is already halfway down the hall, out of earshot. "If you lose she might throw us out. Hold on a little longer."

He's right. Seokjin draws in a breath, and exhales, moving to follow Ms Oh into the familiar house. She stops, placing her coffee mug down on the counter. "It's all in a folder on the bed."

Namjoon mumbles an awkward word of thanks as he follows Jin up the stairs. The elder can't speak, his jaw tight. He'd never taken Ju-eun's mother for the doting type, sure, but this... was too much.

Seokjin finds the folder atop her mattress and rifles through it, checking the contents. Then he glances around the room that had been hers, seeing her things left tidy, no real trace of her present. She hadn't been here in months, after all, not since the holidays, with how things were with university. It's hard to be businesslike, decisive, instead of nostalgic, but his head is filling with memories. Telling her off for talking to Yun-ji on the phone rather than doing her homework. Having a heart attack over how she would swing down from the roof through the window. The almost delirious way she'd first confessed her feelings to him, way back, while feverish, face pink and hair ruffled from sleep. Cuddling with her in that bed.