Chapter Nineteen: Like a Drama

Do you love clichés? I love clichés. Well, some. This is gonna be a fun chapter.

^pic related xD

Chapter Nineteen: Like a Drama

Seokjin actually cursed as we quickly gathered all the stuff together and hurried to the car. Jumping in, quickly, I swept my wet bangs out of my eyes.

"Isn't there normally a light shower in warning first?" He complained, wiping his face with the crook of his elbow. "Aish, pouring down on us like that so suddenly!"

I giggled. "It's fine, isn't it? We were due a storm, anyhow."

His annoyance dimmed as he looked at me. "How are you this positive today?"

"Obviously because I've had a good day." I said, and he hit his head down on the steering wheel. Keeping the contact, he turned to give me a look that was somewhere between proud and disgruntled.

"Ya, where did the shyness go?"

"I passed it on to you, evidently." I sniggered. Clipping on my seatbelt, I sat back, deciding to rescue him by changing the subject. "Shall we go?"

"Yeah." Except, we couldn't. Because, as he twisted the key in the ignition, the car made a sort of stuttering, bubbling noise. He tried it again. The same, followed up with a groan in protest. The engine sounded very unhappy, and so did Jin, as he cursed for the second time in the past five minutes.

"Um, I don't think you should keep trying that... it sounds angry." I mumbled, half scared the car would explode. That wouldn't be a very good end to a date.

"I just got you serviced, how are you gonna do this to me, saekkiya?!" He groaned, half whining as he slapped the steering wheel. "What are we gonna do? We're so far from your place..." we both fell silent as we stared at the rain that was creating a constant, uniform sheet of water over the windscreen. It sounded like someone was pelting gravel at the roof. He sighed. "I'll... see if I can call an emergency mechanic..."

But, of course, there was no cell service. Thanks to the rain, and now, lightning. He sighed again. "We could... stay in here?"

I peered around the car. The look I could just about see on his face, which was currently in his hands, said that that was a no-go.

Well.

"How about... we wait a little while, and see if it dies down?" I said, questioning.

It didn't.

Half an hour had passed, and Jin leaned again on his steering wheel, face in his forearms. "I guess... well. Your house is far, but... my apartment is actually pretty near here..."

I bolted out of my slumped position, sitting ramrod straight. He was watching me with one eye peeping out from the crook of his elbow. "Your apartment?" My stomach twisted nervously. "Hey, isn't that too much?"

"What do you mean?"

"Yun-ji's always telling me my life is like a drama lately." I said, words stuttering slightly, "Isn't that too much of a coincidence? Is this real life? Oh god, I'm sleeping, aren't I? How embarrassing."

He patted my shoulder. "Hey, chill out. It's just my apartment. Where did you think I stayed when I wasn't at yours?"

I squinted. "That's like thinking about where your teachers go when they're not at school." I mumbled, "Weird."

He laughed a small bit at that, "Ya, don't compare me to a teacher. Makes it sound illicit."

I flinched at the word, mind wandering, and coloured. Seeing my reaction, he reddened too, and coughed, "Well- anyway- I was going to say that you could come wait out the storm at my apartment," his hands wrung the steering wheel, awkwardly, "And then when the rain lets up I'll call you a taxi. And..." he chewed his lip, eyes flicking to me and then out of the window, "And my flatmate will be there, so... you haven't got to... feel uncomfortable about it. Being alone with me, there, I mean."