Chapter Nine: Slow

Bruh somebody stop me this is the third chapter I've started tonight. I need to go to b e d

Chapter Nine: Slow

I was sat at the breakfast bar, lost in thought, watching Oppa cook. He hummed to himself as he did so, stirring the broth, and I rested my cheek on my palm. I loved watching him cook. It was calming. He seemed so self assured, and at ease.

"Oh Ju-eun." I jumped at the sudden disruption of the easy silence. He didn't look at me, focusing on what he was doing. "Are you gonna say something or just stare at me? It's distracting."

I coloured slightly, knowing that he was teasing but falling for it anyway. I looked away, puffing out my cheeks. "I wasn't staring..."

"Don't lie." He mocked a gasp, glancing over his shoulder at me with a grin. "Were you staring at my butt?" I almost choked, "I can understand the lie if you were staring at my butt."

Flustered, I exclaimed, "I was not! You creep!"

He just laughed, finally turning around with two bowls of ramen. The savoury smell made my mouth water. Since getting home I had slowly begun to feel how long it was since I'd eaten. "I'm so hungryyy..."

"Me too." Again, I felt guilty. I hadn't made him wait for me, but of course he would. He was just that type of person. He caught me staring again, and frowned, gesturing. "Well then. Eat! You'll end up passing out! You went too long without food, idiot."

I pouted, annoyed at being called an idiot, but at this point too hungry to care. I picked up my chopsticks, burning my tongue on noodles in my haste. It was very late for dinner, past nine PM. I wasn't sure how it had gotten so late.

"Sho good..." I almost wept, slurping down noodles, and Seokjin smiled, watching me. Soon, though, he was overcome with his own hunger, and tucked in himself.

When we finished, I helped clean up, drying the pots and putting them away as he washed them. I wiped over the countertops, then told him I was going to go to bed and traipsed tiredly upstairs to go shower. Despite having had no morning practice, it had wound up being a more active day than most. I really needed Coach there as a limiter on my evening practice. It was too easy for me to get carried away.

Slipping on my pjs, I left the bathroom with a cloud of steam in my wake. I scrubbed at my hair with a towel, then hung the towel up, tying my hair into a bun. I entered my bedroom, deciding to do some homework before I went to bed, but was soon disrupted by a knock on my door. "Yeah?"

The door opened, revealing a sleepy looking Jin, already in his pyjamas, too. They were pink. He suited pastels. "Hey... can I talk to you?"

I frowned, heart jumping into my throat briefly. Had I been acting weird? He's not your brother. Did he... had I been too obvious? Did he know?

Nervously, I put my pen down and swivelled round in my chair. "What's up?"

He entered my room, looking uncomfortable. "Well... I just wanted to talk about Saturday." Again? "I'm sorry for crashing your party."

I blinked, cooling down rapidly. That's what this was about? "Crashing my party? Have you been worried about that?"

He fidgeted. "Well... it's awkward, isn't it? I'm older than all of you... in with a bunch of teenagers..."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, but, oppa, mentally, you're the same age." He scowled at me a bit, and I laughed. "I said I was fine with it, didn't I? Why are you insecure all of a sudden?"

"Well..." he ruffled his hair awkwardly, "One of my classmates said it was weird. And it kinda was, wasn't it?"

"We all had fun, didn't we? Just because we're younger, that's no reason for you not to hand out with us." I said, pointedly. "What would you have done, otherwise? Sat in your room upstairs, kept awake by us noisy kids." I laughed jokingly, "Don't worry about what other people say. It's not important. And anyway," I folded my arms, "The others loved you. Taehyung especially. And obviously you were popular with the girls..."