Chapter Fifteen: Normalising

Dang, 15 parts already. Okie dokie then. Got here quick xD

Deadass why does youtube keep playing ads of itself

I'm literally on a youtube video. Seeing an ad for youtube does literally fuckin nothing for me lmfao

I wanna see more of the booky-ass Korean ads I've been getting lately xD

ALSO

IF YOU DON'T AGREE THAT HOBI IS KING OF BIG DICK ENERGY THEN YOU ARE WRONG

Chapter Fifteen: Normalising

I didn't really know what to think of Oppa's sudden outburst. It was on my mind all night, even as we ate- together, for the first time in what felt like forever. I swept my hair out of my eyes, then slumped on my desk, sliding my phone across the surface to be by my face and calling Yun-ji.

"Ju-eun! Good timing, I was just about to call you." I sighed out in relief at her voice. "What's up? You never call me first."

"Well..." I mumbled, listening carefully for if Seokjin was nearby, "I kinda... something happened."

"What?" I bit my lip as she fell silent to let me talk. She grunted in annoyance. "Ya, I did not answer the phone to sit and listen to you breathe."

I giggled a bit. "It's... Jin-oppa." I could hear her sharp intake of breath. "I... found out why he's been avoiding me..."

I could scarcely believe it myself, even though his words from before were running repeatedly through my brain. "Oh? What happened? Why's he been a giant suckass? This better be good, you've been miserable."

I gnawed on my lip again. "He..." I wasn't sure I could say the words. It didn't feel real. "Yun-ji, I think... he likes me, too."

"WHAT." I flinched at the shriek. "Omo. I need details!"

I filled her in on what had happened just hours ago. It was embarrassing to recount, and I was unsure of myself, picking at the trim of my desk. "I think... he got jealous. Because me and Jungkook-ah got on really well." Was it okay to draw that conclusion? I couldn't see any other way to interpret those words that were burned into my memory. "And now... we're awkward still, but in a different way. We ate dinner together, and he kept staring at me..."

"Oof. Why's your life so dramatic recently?" She mused, giggling. "Well, this is good, isn't it? Reciprocated feelings! You two can date now!"

I choked. Date?! I hadn't even thought about that. In fact, I hadn't really thought about the implications of mutual feelings at all. All I knew was that I wanted to be near him. "I... don't know..."

"Do you not want to?" I jumped,

"Of course I want to! I want to do all the things that couples do, dating, holding hands, k...kissing..." I realised how loud my voice had gotten in my surprised, and lowered it purposefully. "I just... I don't know if... he wants to..."

"He literally just said he wants to kiss you, you blockhead." My best friend said bluntly, sounding irritated. "Really, you can't figure out anything but volleyball, can you?"

I winced. She wasn't wrong. "I can't help it... it just... I keep expecting to find out it's a joke."

She sighed. "Have more confidence. You heard it with your own ears."

I exhaled sullenly through my nose. "You're right."

We talked a little longer about this and that, her having finished classes today as well. She was complaining about her grades in Japanese when I heard a sound on the other end. "Ah. My Mum's at the door."