Chapter Seven: Laundry

I AM SOFT

(AT MY NEW HOMESCREEN)

(ABOVE)

Chapter Seven: Laundry

I awoke slowly, the first to do so. I could feel that it was relatively early, as my eyes fluttered and my arms trembled as I stretched the fatigue from them. I'd slept well, and still rose early even though we'd all been up so late. There were a few soft snores coming from elsewhere in the mountain of blankets and bodies. I rolled to my other side, eyes closed, snuggling down to sleep for a bit longer. Getting up and having to wait for everyone else to wake was dreadfully boring.

My cat had other plans for me, though. Mandu trotted over and promptly sat right in front of my face, demanding breakfast. I was kind of hungry too, so I batted him away, hearing someone sneeze very close to me.

"Ah, Mandu! I don't want your butt in my face." The deep grumble, thick with sleep, made my eyes snap open. I looked to my other side where Yun-ji was still snoozing peacefully. On my other side should have been Yeon-il, except...

Except, Yeon-il's voice was not like that.

Mandu finally decided to clear off and stop getting in my face, and I consequently stifled a gasp and carefully stood, getting up from the futon. There was no way I could lay there any longer. Not with Oppa's face that close to mine.

Luckily, he seemed to have easily fallen back asleep. I went upstairs to quickly shower and dress in suitable clothes, then to the kitchen to get some water. As I was opening the cupboard door, there was a scraping noise of one of the breakfast bar's stools being pulled out for someone to sit on.

"Looks like I slept between two teenage girls last night..." Oppa looked awkward, and I turned my back on him so I wouldn't give myself away. "I don't think they noticed so it's not awkward at least, but it's a little inappropriate."

"How should I have known where you'd end up?" I said defensively, trying to control my voice. "I couldn't exactly see anything, I didn't put you there on purpose."

I was convincing myself at the same time, I felt. I had wanted him to sleep on the boys' side, in truth... but hadn't really paid attention to where I ushered him to.

Finishing making my drink, I turned back to face him again, using the cup as something of a shield. I couldn't meet his eyes. He stared at me, long legs crossed, something unreadable on his face. He sighed, and rolled his neck, stretching. "Ah, well. Doesn't matter."

He stood up, and I chewed on my lip. He'd probably feel better if he knew he'd been next to me. "Oppa..." he looked at me curiously, humming, and I shook my head. Too embarrassing. "Nothing. I'm tired."

He frowned, annoyed, and even more curious than before. "Why do you do this to me?"

I grinned. "It's funny."

Standing up, he huffed, "This is bullying. Such a lack of respect toward the person that cooks for you,cleans up your mess, even does your laundry-"

"Ya!" I slapped his arm, eyes flared wide, "Stop it, that's embarrassing!"

Now it was his turn to laugh, enjoying my discomfort, "What? That I was your dirty clothes?" He wiggled his eyebrows. I punched him, face red, but he continued to laugh, eventually grabbing my wrists and holding me at arm's length. I glared at him as fiercely as I could. That annoying windshield wiper laugh continued.

I'd never thought about that before. If he washed my clothes, didn't that mean that he... had seen my underwear? "What kind of man are you?" I spat out angrily, "So immodest!"