Chapter Twenty-Six: Surprise

I was cracking up for the whole scene in this first part

- - -

As light hit my eyelids, my eyes finally opened, squinting. I could tell it was late, which was odd for me. I supposed that I had been missing a lot of sleep, lately. That, and last night I'd been out until around 4AM. Even when we'd arrived here, getting Seokjin to actually go to bed had been a struggle (as usual) meaning it was gone five before I actually got to sleep.

The man in question was absent. Curled up in the single bed he had in his apartment, I'd been left alone. I must have been out, if I hadn't woken up whenever it was he'd left. "Oppa?"

If he'd been in the communal area of his apartment, he'd have heard me. I slipped out from under the covers, buttoning up the shirt I had on where it had come undone while I slept. I had shirt paws. I always felt cute wearing my boyfriend's clothes.

Opening the door to his room quietly, I peered around, then laughed. Namjoon was on the floor, face down, with the shoes at the front door. He was wearing one of the shoes he'd left in, and one red cowboy boot. No shirt, but some kind of cape. Wild. He'd obviously passed out the moment he got inside. I walked over to him and kneeled, poking his shoulder. He groaned, and I took that to mean he was still alive, so left him alone, going off in search of Jin.

The place was a mess. Why would anyone ever want to host people at their house to drink alcohol? I know the idea was to get pre-drunk before heading to the main event (a party at the Karaoke bar) but it seemed like too much work after.

I swept my hair into a ponytail with the tie on my wrist, picking my way around empty bottles and other assorted messes on the floor. Entering the bathroom, I finally located Jin, asleep leaning on the toilet bowl.

I stood still for a moment, just staring, not quite sure how to react to it. On the one hand, he was possibly very sick, and that was bad. On the other.... he looked hilarious. He had a bright red bucket hat on, and at least five jackets on. What the heck was he doing?

Deciding it was probably best to wake him (his back would definitely hurt if he stayed like that) I approached, crouching down beside him. Gently, I poked him, catching a glimpse of a pair of handcuffs fixed to one of his wrists. Where the heck had those come from?

He gave a sleepy whine, and I pushed his hair back out of his forehead. He felt warm- probably because of the multiple jackets he was wearing for no apparent reason. I balked as the movement of the strands revealed something to me- blonde.

"What the fuck?" I got to my knees, leaning over him, removing the bucket hat to reveal that, somehow, without my notice, my boyfriend had managed to bleach his hair white blonde while drunk. "What. The. Fuck?"

I hadn't noticed until now because there were a few strands of his bangs that had been missed. As I parted his hair at the back with my fingers, I saw a few more bits with his natural colour, but overall whoever had done it had done a pretty... solid job.

"Language..." the groggy mumble floated up, and I sank back down.

"Oppa. Your hair is blonde."

He lurched to his feet, making me jump, and stared at himself in the mirror. He yelled out. "What the fuck?!"

In the distance, there was a yelp, some crashing, and the bathroom door flew open. Namjoon's bleary eyes fell on Jin, who was looking straight back at him. "What the fuck?!"

"How did this happen?! Who the fuck managed to bleach my hair while we were all wasted?!" Jin exclaimed, fingers running through the new pale mop. A few strands broke off, and his eyes bugged. "I'M GOING TO KILL THEM!"