Chapter Twelve: Eventful

Aaa I'm starting to get a few people reading and it makes me so happy

Idk how I suddenly got sucked back into fic writing so hard but here we are

Also EVERYONE PRAY TO THE LORD OF BANGTAN AKA BANG PD FOR JINTRO IN LY:ANSWER TO BE CONFIRMED JIN IS THE ONLY ONE TO NOT HAVE DONE AN INTRO AND I NEEEEED IIIIIITTTT

Bruh I have no idea how to follow up on the last chapter but I wanna write so ima wing it lol

P.s. mad long chapter broskies. Literally like 4k words. Buckle up bc ur in for a ride

Chapter Twelve: Eventful

I was too embarrassed to share my troubles with my friends at school on Monday. It was more than embarrassing, in fact. It was mortifying. I'd had no further interaction with Oppa on Saturday, not daring to leave my bedroom, but I'd run into him Sunday morning when heading to the bathroom and it had been just dreadful. My eyes had been really red and swollen from the night before, and it was really obvious. He'd mumbled out a brief morning greeting, but I hadn't been able to force out a reply. I'd slammed myself in the bathroom with a pounding heart and stayed in there until I heard him leave through the front door.

And then I'd spent the whole of Sunday trying to distract myself with homework and exercise. I'd attempted to clear my head with a run, but wound up tripping and skinning my knee. That made me cry, not because it hurt, but because the last time I did that a certain somebody (I was trying not to think his name at the time) had cleaned me up and put a plaster on the wound. Then he'd told me off for not being careful... but watched movies with me after.

What if I'd ruined everything? It was so awkward now. There was no way we could just... go back to the way we were. Not now. We'd had an almost sibling-like relationship until this point. Siblings don't want see each other romantically! The further my brain wandered down this path, the more deflated I felt. I pressed my head into my desk.

We were in self-study again, and every so often my neighbour, Yeon-il, would glance over at me in concern. Each time, I'd straighten up, trying once more to focus on my chemistry textbook. I'd fail, of course, but at least I was managing to keep ahold of my persistence. It was one of my few redeeming qualities.

However, to counteract that, was my worst quality; overthinking. This was indeed behaving as my achilles' heel right now. The same thoughts swirled around my brain again and again, transforming the situation until, to me, it was almost life and death. I'd fallen into a vortex of anxiety, and the silence of the room was not helping.

I couldn't have been more relieved when the bell finally rang, ending class and allowing my friends to talk to me. Thankfully, I'd already made it a point to say that I didn't want to talk about what was wrong, so none of my friends bothered me about it. During lunch, I had a short period where I felt almost normal.

Classes wrapped up, and club rolled around. I was looking forward to it- I'd missed several days last week, after all. The first few minutes were overrun by various degrees of questioning, related to my days off sick and my passing out. It had all been very exciting to them, especially the first years. Coincidentally, the same first years who had gone insane over the whole "Car Door Guy" thing. They'd pestered me a great deal, and I was cursing my sickness even more, because it had caused my babysitter's volleyball club debut. They were now even more convinced that he was my boyfriend, due, for the most part, to the fact that he had apparently carried me out of the gym. There was a great deal of dramatisation on their part, of course, but regardless, it was embarrassing. Especially given the current circumstances.

Luckily, they still respected me enough that when I got strict, they quieted. Everyone wound up doing diving drills around the circumference of the gym.