Chapter Twenty-One: Intoxication

(About the image)

Honestly why do I stan such a cocky lil shit

Chapter Twenty-One: Intoxication

"I think it's incredibly unfair that we're here celebrating me finishing my exams," I eyed the men sat at the table with me, "And yet you're the ones getting drunk."

My understanding had, initially, been that it would be just myself and Jin, alone. But, when he'd arrived at my place to pick me up, Namjoon had been with him, along with two other men I didn't recognise. The taller one, with ginger hair, had seemed to know me, though. Apparently he worked at the karaoke place I'd visited with Yun-ji and the others that time, which was where we ended up going to after the introductions. The ginger one was called Hoseok, his shorter, turquoise haired friend introducing himself as Yoongi.

"Shit you right." Namjoon grinned, holding up his soju. His hand swayed, spilling it a little. "Here."

"Namjoon-ah!" Hoseok smacked his arm. "Ju-eunnie is underage." He sipped a beer through a straw. "Soju's too strong, she should have a cocktail. They're like... at least half juice."

"No one is giving her anything." Yoongi cut in, seemingly the only one with any remaining sobriety. I was pretty sure that the Bloody mary in his hands was the same one he'd had all night. His gaze flickered to me. "You don't need to put up with them."

I smiled a little. "It's okay. They're kinda funny."

He gave a humoured smirk, taking another long sip. I sent a look to my drunken boyfriend, who's head was on the table. Today, I had learned that he was a lightweight. I drank some of my juice. "Ya... Ju-eun."

The slurred voice took me by surprise. I placed my glass back on the table. Oppa was staring at me with heavy eyes, cheek on the table. "Yeah?"

"How can you leave me behind here when you go to Busan?" I stared at him.

"How did you know about that?" I asked. I'd been meaning to tell him about it, but hadn't really been able to find the words. I was going to wait until I had confirmation of my grades so I'd know if I had a definite place or not. He pouted.

"I overheard you talking on the phone. Why didn't you tell me?" The seriousness of the conversation was more or less decimated by the jumbling on the words as he attempted to speak through the haze of alcohol. I sighed.

"Isn't this a conversation best left for when you're sober, Oppa?" I patted his head. His hands come up to hold my hand there.

"No." He sounded like a child. "Don't wanna."

I removed my hand from his grip, sighing again, "Oppa..."

He sat up, scooting along the seat of the booth until his leg was all the way against mine. I stared at our newly close limbs, frozen as my brain tried to process exactly what was going on. His arms wrapped around me, head coming to rest on my shoulder. "You're not allowed."

"Jin-oppa, there is literally nothing you can say to stop me." I said, freeing my arms, but otherwise doing nothing to get him off me. I was already beginning to see just what kind of drunk he was. I heard a snort across from me. Yoongi looked vastly entertained, nudging Hoseok, who promptly (and clumsily) dug out his phone to take a picture. Grinning, I held up my phone, "Can you send me that?"

"Ya... Ju-eun, don't ignore me..." Jin mumbled against my shoulder, and I patted his hair.

"I'm not." I chuckled a little as he squeezed around my waist tighter. "I think you should drink water from now on."