Chapter Thirteen: Distractions

Hoo boy idk how to follow up on that dramatic ass chapter

Might take me a bit to post this one because I have some stuff on but hopefully you should be reading this soon! I wanna keep up my speedy updating pace uvu

I LOVE THIS SONG, ILLEGAL VOCALS, MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT

Chapter Thirteen: Distractions

I threw up, once, gripping the toilet seat. My stomach was still churning angrily. I felt like a child; I couldn't remember the last time I'd gotten sick from fizzy drinks.

Luckily, though, after vomiting, the nausea passed, and all that remained was exhaustion. The bathroom floor was cold.

"Ju-eun," Oppa's voice was very soft, as though he thought speaking too loud might break me. He pushed the door open a fragment, "Are you feeling better?"

I nodded my head, groggily, forcing myself to stand up and rinse my mouth with mouthwash. I flushed the toilet again, just to be sure, then washed my hands. "After I threw up I felt better, yeah."

His eyebrows were knitted in concern, "I still think I should take you to the emergency clinic... that guy... what if he-"

"It's fine, oppa. I'm fine." His fists were clenched, tight. The gash on his knuckle was beginning to crust with dry blood. "Your hand..."

He blinked, then looked down at it. It was almost like he hadn't even noticed the blood that had dried up. He waved it off. "It's fine."

I frowned, "It's not. It needs cleaning, at least."

I stepped closer, reaching to take his fingers and get a closer look, but he moved his hand away from my grip. I looked up at him in surprise. He looked away. "I'll do it myself."

He left the room, and I was reminded that only minutes ago I had confessed to him directly.

"Ah... okay. Well... I'm going to bed, then..." I mumbled awkwardly to the empty bathroom, exiting, and left him in the kitchen. I heard a thump, sounding like something hitting the counter top. Rather than going to check it out, I bit my lip and ignored it, beginning to climb the stairs. I collapsed into my bed in the same clothes, and quickly drifted into sleep.

I woke up to an empty house, feeling all kinds of nasty, so went and had a shower. It was around the time I had begun shampooing my hair that I realised- what time was it? It didn't feel particularly early, and today was supposed to be Tuesday...

Hurriedly, I rinsed out the shampoo and clambered out of the shower, wrapping a towel around myself and then slapping some leave-in conditioner on my hair. It felt late. Super late. Had my alarm not gone off? How could I forget it was a school night last night?!

I checked my bedside clock and screamed. Five PM?! How had I slept the whole day?! Straight through school and practice both, with no one disturbing me?!

I went to grab my phone from my bedside table, only to find it mysteriously gone. I checked the floor, the drawer, under my bed... nowhere. Maybe I left it downstairs? I was almost certain I put it on my table, though... this reeked of interference.

I thumped down the stairs to the kitchen. There was my phone, on the counter, with a handwritten note on a scrap of paper next to it. I sighed through my nose.

I turned off your alarm and moved your phone so you would sleep in. Eat the food I left in the fridge and regain your strength. Fighting!
-Jin

I rolled my eyes. Even with things as they were, he was still like this. How could he let me sleep a whole day away? Sighing again, I went to the fridge. No point worrying now. It wasn't like I could rewind time. Withdrawing the bowl of tteokkbokki, I stuck it in the microwave, letting it heat up as I inspected the tupperware on the top shelf. Kimchi. I sniffed it, and my mouth began to water. It had been a while since he'd made kimchi. It was so much better than the store bought stuff.