~We Ended Up On The Ground~

May 5th

Cope's P.O.V

We arrived at the party for around 6pm, just when things were starting to get busy. As soon as we walked through the front door, Avril was hooked up on these dudes in the corner of the room. Leaving me all alone. I decided to go sit out back, her garden had a hammock, I decided to have a lie down, Avril will find me sooner or later. She won't drink, she's driving anyway.

I must have been lying there for 10 minutes when I saw a shadow above me, I opened my eyes and saw this tall, brown haired boy, who had tattoos all up his arms, I'd never seen him before and quite frankly I was scared. I sat up quickly...a bit too quickly and I fell back off the hammock.

The brown haired boy helped me up, he tried holding in his laughter but I don't think he could anymore. He burst out laughing. I just stared at him. "HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...uhm sorry, I'm Austin" I giggled slightly and held out my hand to shake his. "I'm Copeland but you can call me Cope?" He smiled.

We sat together in silence for a few minutes just staring at the stars in the sky. Every once in awhile I'd take a look at him. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a tank top. He looked around 20, not gonna lie. I think I must have been staring for too long because Austin spoke up.

Austin- so...cope...why you here?

Cope- I came with my bestfriend Avril, I'm in class with Taylor, you?

Austin- that's cool! Yeah my boyfriend is in her class!

Cope- boyfriend?

Austin- yeah? Alan?

Cope- ALAN?!! But I thought he was straight?

Austin- well he's been dating me for the past year and a half so I don't think so?

Cope- but he's the one who had a go at me because my parents are both male?

Austin- really? Meh I'll talk to him, actually where is he? I'm going to find him, see you soon cope

I smiled as he walked away. I decided to lie back down and close my eyes. Falling asleep. I must have been asleep for an hour before I heard some chatter going on, it was coming from a group of people right next to me. I could just about hear what they were saying...

"Ha, look it's the faggots daughter"

"what is she wearing? You'd think with rich parents she'd at least be dressed smart"

"She's just a slut, let's beat her"

And before I had a chance to react I felt a fist collide with my face. Then one colliding with my stomach and arms. Until I was on the floor being kicked. I'm pretty sure I could taste blood. I was also covered in bruises.

I couldn't see or hear anything except mumbles of Avril shouting "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU" I'm pretty sure I could slightly see her punch one of them. She picked me up and carried me to her car, all she kept saying was "Stay with me Cope, keep breathing, I'm taking you home"

By the time we'd gotten home, I had passed out...