☁️✨

Everybody knows this story.

The classic I fell in love with my best friend. But lets just say that this isn't one of those stories with the happy endings.

Let's go back in time.

[2 months ago]
***********************
"Leave me and my cotton candy alone Finn!!" Y/N shouted at her bestfriend as he ran faster to catch up to her. She was running when all of a sudden she didn't hear footsteps anymore.

She turned around and only saw strangers giving her weird looks, but no Finn. Y/N retraced her steps and saw something.

She saw Finn and a girl with what Y/N assumed was Finn's lemonade all over her.

Finn was handing her napkins while making small talk. Y/N pretended that she wasn't staring and pretended to casually walk over to Finn.

"Finn there you are ! For a minute I thought you had ditched me." Y/N said in a joking manner.

From the side of her eye Y/N saw the girls expression turn from happy to disappointed.

"Oh uh yeah my bad. I accidentally spilled my lemonade on Sadie here while trying to catch up to you." Finn rambled.

"Sadie I can't really do anything about your shirt, but would you want to hang out with me and Y/N ?" Finn questioned.

"If you guys don't mind then I can join you."Sadie said shyly.

Y/N already hated her. Not because she was taking Finn, but because she was perfect.

[2 weeks later]
********************

"Hey guys!!" Sadie said as she walked towards Finn and Y/N. "Hey Sadie!" Finn replied enthusiastically. "hey."
Y/N mumbled.

Ever since they had met Sadie,she went everywhere with Finn and Y/N. Y/N would always sulk around at night because she wouldn't get alone time with Finn anymore.

"Hey Sadie I forgot something but wait here. Y/N wanna help me ?" Finn asked. Y/N's head shot up. "um sure?" She replied.

As the pair walked into Finn's house Y/N realized that Finn got more and more nervous with each step.

"I-I need your help Y/N" Finn said nervously. "I'm going to ask Sadie out." Those were the words that made Y/N's heart break then and there.

"Just be yourself and if she doesn't say yes then she doesn't deserve you." Y/N croaked out.

"I-I'll stay here so you guys can get some alone time." Y/N barely managed to choke out.

"Thanks Y/N I owe you one!" Finn said as he walked out the door.

As soon as the door closed Y/N slid down the wall and let tears come running down.

Little did she know was that Finn's older brother Nick, was still home.

"Y/N ?"

Y/N turned around but didn't do anything she just kept on sobbing.

Nick rushed to her side and immediately tried to comfort her.

Finn and Y/N may have been best friends, but Nick and Y/N were like brother and sister.

Nick knew about Y/N's crush on his younger brother,so he figured something happened.

"H-he likes her Nick." Y/N whimpered.

"Y/N listen to me, my little brothers an idiot. Just let him come back to his senses."

Thats what Y/N did.

She waited.

And waited.

But nothing ever happened.

Eventually Finn, Sadie, and Y/N stopped hanging out together.

They went back to school and Finn and Sadie became the schools power couple.

And for Y/N she just became one of the people who sat alone.

She still talked to Nick but never dared to show her face in front of Finn.

As the months went on Y/N became sick of it and decided to move to sunny California.

There she met Zach, a boy who loved her and showed her the way she was supposed to be treated.

While back in Canada Finn grew more and more popular and eventually forgot about a girl named Y/N who at one point was the most important person in his life.

———————————
WOW. I got the feels while writing this. I told y'all not to come to this book and expect every story to have a happy ending 🤷‍♀️

Sorry if I made y'all cry. I doubt it though. My writing sucks.