Seven

"Davin,  untie her " Marco ordered his man who had also walked into the room with a bandaged shoulder,
"But boss she.. "

"Are you questioning me Davin ?"

"No boss "

"Then good " with that Marco strode out of the room not even bothering to look back.
Mariana felt her self sigh out of relief, after all Marco Di Martino wasn't going to kill her anymore and for the job she had been denied those skills since she was sixteen how was she going to pull that off.

A loud growl pulled her out of her thoughts, she looked up at Davin.

A man who was well built and big enough to scare all the day lights out of her, he had black messy hair and green - grey eyes that held nothing but coldness whilst his red plump lips.

The men here knew exactly what they call beauty without a try, Mariana couldn't help but notice the angry scowl on his face.

Mariana smiled not so surely hoping he would let go of that anger, she never meant to shoot him but acted on instinct.

Davin growled making her smile fall, yeah she was now sure he will never forgive her. He squat in front of her and untied her legs harshly.

Mariana silently snorted before standing up after him, Marco's suggestion rung through her mind and now she was so sure she had no answer for him.

How could she even be stupid to tell him that, she should have thought of another excuse now how was she going to avoid him when they lived in the same house.

She wondered whether Stephanie would also be rough on her but what exactly should she expect ?
Good enough they all didn't know notice her real identity.

Mariana silently followed Davin out of the room down the hall to up the stairs, this place was so dark sending a shiver down her spine.

The smell of blood making her stomach tie in knots and her throat ache, she clamped her lips shut tight.

They walked out through the door she had noticed earlier at the end of the room, a sigh escaped her lips. Now she could breath in some fresh air, she hadn't noticed that the blue dress still  clung on to her body.

Mariana expected to see Marco maybe somewhere around the house, he should still be around. She let Davin move on and branched off in to her room, the plain brown walls and the dark red covers on the bed welcomed her.

Everything seemed the same as she had left it, her feet moved over to the wooden wardrobe pulling it open. Two white long sleeved shirts hung up, bad enough she didn't do any shopping today yet Marco was paying for all of it.

She grabbed one and walked with it into the bathroom and stripped naked then got into shower.

She noticed the wound on her forehead and the dry blood that had flowed down her face and dried, the wound didn't seem that bad especially that she wasn't feeling any nausea or something like that so that was some how good.

The others where just scratches that sting every time water touched her body, she wondered how long she had passed out maybe it wasn't that long or more.

Mariana dressed up loving the smell of timbre that hit her nose.

His cologne was starting to become addictive so where his eyes.

They shone like honey more like gold stealing her heart, blink per blink but she would never agree to that.

Mariana walked out pulling her wet hair into a mess bun, tying it up with a few strands. She strode out of the room and down stairs finding Stephanie in the kitchen who didn't spare her a glance.

Mariana wanted to apologize to her but she didn't know how especially now that Stephanie was completely ignoring her.

"Marco wanted to talk you in his office, it's the room next yours on the left. "

Mariana didn't want to go without apologizing, she had forgot the note book and pen in her room maybe it would be easy. Her eyes lingered on Stephanie as she was walked away,
it hurt that the only person who was ready to be a friend to her got hurt because of her.

She held onto the rail as she walked up to Marco's office, Mariana didn't know what to think anymore maybe she was getting too comfortable in the enemies territory.

She came to halt in front of his office door, raising her fist to knock but noticed that the door was slightly a jar.

The sounds coming from inside made her heart stop, Mariana stupidly pushed the door slowly more open. Her eyes widened and her jaw almost dropped to the floor, the sounds were getting to her making her more frustrated, disgusted and sick

The knots in her stomach tightened, a part of her heart ached but it was stupid and she knew it. She was a married woman.

She turned away from the scene, Marco banging some other woman on his desk wasn't any of her business and Mariana knew it.

She walked away hoping they didn't notice her presence.