Thirty three

Mariana stood still her thoughts moving back to Marco.

Her heart started to hurt deeply for him but then it was all her fault.

The cobra's don't work without Valente's orders or hers but now she wasn't around.

That meant Valente knew where she was already and knew about her and Marco, if not then why would he attack Di Martino brothers.

How could she had skipped the signs yet they were always in front of her.

She stared at pair of eyes all focused on her, she wasn't ready to let these good people who helped her get hurt.

She turned towards the bed side table and knelt besides it, she pulled the first safe open and searched through the mass of papers.

She had seen Marco keep two to three guns in these safes, all she needed was one.

Opening the other safe, she saw two guns and pulled them out. She checked them properly and good enough they were all loaded.

She walked back into the wardrobe and grabbed a pair of flats from the shoe rack then ran out.

" Mariana you don't have to go alone " Larissa whispered as she reached the door way she turned back to them.

"I have to go " she whispered " they don't need Gianni or Geatano and if I don't go am putting Marco in danger.

My husband won't hurt any one, he just wants me back in his grip " she replied then looked at Davin who understood

"Am so sorry for this " she added then walked out of the room following Davin.

Rosalie stared at her so was Stephanie but they didn't say anything as she moved towards the main door.

She followed Davin to the car and got in allowing him to race off, she placed one gun on her lap and the other down her bra carefully hoping it won't show then held the other.

"Are you sure about this Ana " Davin questioned as they parked a few miles away from the head offices, they could see smoke from where they were.

"I have to do this " she whispered and stepped out of the car and started running behind Davin towards the main building.

" we are going to use the back door since the cops are at the front " he spoke up as they turned into an alley.

She stopped for her minute, her legs started to hurt, it had been long since she had done some exercises

She then stood up and continued to run until they stopped by in front of the back door.

Davin kicked the door open and almost sixteen guns were pointed towards them, Mariana stared and sighed.

"Put your guns down Cobra's " She spoke up softly and stared at all of them waiting to see who won't follow.

"Sorry ma'am " they chorused slowly lowering there guns, she stepped inside as they made way for her with Davin trailing behind.

She realised the safety of the gun in her hand and continued slowly towards the main hall of the offices passing men with guns and well positioned assassins who lowered their guns at the sight of her.

She stepped out of the hall way and held her breath, Gianni and Gaetano were tied up on chairs though Gaetano held a smirk.

Her eyes drifted towards Valente who was standing above a bleeding Marco, she caught sight of the handle of knife that his hands clutched tightly while the other part was buried deep in his belly.

She almost staggered back in shock, this is what she was more afraid of.

"Marco " she screamed running towards him and kneeling on his side.

She couldn't control the tears at the sight of his unconscious body, his whole face was bleeding it seemed like there was a hand fight between him and Valente but he cheated like he always does.

Her whole body shook with sobs, she was so afraid to even touch him. This was her fault.

Her eyes moved to the gun in her hand and she raised it slowly pointing it to her head " Mariana " Gaetano called out but she didn't even turn his way.

Raising her teary face she looked up at Valente whose smirk started vanishing away.

"What the hell ?" He roared trying to move towards her and beat this stupidity out of her but she shook her head making him freeze.

"You want me Valente then let them go " she whispered and he stared at her before busting in to laughter.

"You think you can black mail with that " he spoke up and she smirked.

"Your forgetting something Valente without me your worthless like a half eaten peace of bread in a garbage can. Your nothing but trash dear husband, isn't that the reason why you never killed me? " she spoke up with itching bitterness on her tongue.

"Let me remind you, I have nothing to lose if I die today.

Do you think I would go back to the kind of life I had with you unless am dead. You took away all I had, you killed Alessandro and then my daughter " she spoke up and he stared at her some how he knew she had a point.

Without her, he was nothing that's why he needed her in his hands again