Thirty Seven

Seven months later

Miami
10 : 48 pm

Mariana looked around her studio and sighed, her eyes moved back to Marco's painting she had just completed.

Those brown - gold eyes that held her world, she really missed him.

It had been long since she had last seen him and he was in coma by then.

She had remained in contact with Gaetano all this time, he kept informing her of his well being.

Marco had spent four months in coma and woke up three months ago, even though he kept asking for her she didn't go.

She had settled in Miami and created under ground training centers for body guards and assassins, she had bought a house here though it felt empty being here alone but it had become home.

Mariana slowly held on to the wall pulling her self up on her feet and breathed out. Her back and shoulders now seriously hurt.

She looked up at the wall clock and realised she had spent all her morning hours seated here staring at Marco's portrait.

She slowly made way out of the room, her feet really hurt so bad. She walked to her room and looked herself in the mirror.

Pulling her hair into a messy bun, she stared at self and smiled. Her babies were growing so big every single day, her fingers lightly touched her huge stomach.

Two weeks after she had left, she found out she was pregnant with Marco's babies but sadly not even Gaetano knew.

Maybe one day she will find the courage to go back and tell him, maybe even confess her love for him.

Mariana grabbed her phone and walked out of the room down the stairs of her mansion to the outside, she put on open sandals that match her sun dress.

"Boss " her body guards acknowledged and she smiled at them.

"We are going for a walk boys but please blend in the environment " she ordered and they nodded.
She moved down the stairs and walked out of the gates.

She walked down the road, she could sense her body guards presence.

Mariana sighed stopping for a bit, truly her feet hurt and she felt heavy yet she still had two month to go.

"Boss " one of her men asked with concern and she smiled freely as the winds blew her hair in her face.

"Am okay don't worry" she replied and slowly continued to walk towards the beach.

Many people were enjoying there time "Brian please help " she asked softly removing her sandals, seriously she hated being this lazy.

Her body guard moved forward grabbing her sandals as usual and handing them to her, she smiled in reply.

Mariana stepped forward on the sand and stared at the waters, this was her life and comfort.

When she first arrived in Miami this had become a place where she always came at nights to think and review her life, it had become so dear to her that she had bought the place but never made it a private property.

Mariana walked down the beach watching as people enjoyed with there loved ones without a single worry in the world.

She watched the kids run and play around wondering if her kids one day will be like that, thinking of having children that had Marco's eyes and facial beauty always put a smile on her face.

A guy almost run into her as she jumped back in shock and fear, her hand wrapping around her stomach protectively though she stumbled back almost falling but one of her body guards held her.

She closed her eyes and froze, she could have lost her babies. Her strength and hope.

"Boss are you okay ?" Brian asked and she nodded, stabilizing herself she opened her eyes and looked up at the young man who still seemed frozen.

He had beautiful blonde hair and brown eyes but they weren't Marco's  " Am so sorry, I didn't.. "

"Where were you looking boy what if you hurt her ?" Brian roared standing in front of her and she shook her head with a smile then tapped her body guard on the arm.

"I can handle this myself "
"But ma'am"

"It's okay Brian, she whispered stepping forward and looking at the scared young man.

" I'm sorry.."

"I understand, we both weren't looking and am okay " she replied with a smile and he nodded back before walking away.

Mariana sighed and looked up at the sky, she wondered what Marco would have done if he was here with her