Ten

Within the midst of darkness, a forge she wanted to escape so badly. Her feet scrapped against the rough floor with each step took

Hard  and faster, her breathing hallow

Tears sprinted from her eyes as she  came to a sudden halt.
" BerylShe called out loud but got no specific reply, turning around in circles she called out her daughter's name multiple times but received only silence.

Her breathing was over the peak, she could feel her heart drum against her chest wildly.

Where is her daughter , where was Beryl ?
Why couldn't she find her?

All she wanted was to see her daughter " Beryl " she cried taking more steps towards the darkness, a hand locked around her wrist pulling her to a stop.
She abruptly turned around to see daughter only to come face to face with Marco.

His brown eyes holding her gaze for a while but what was he doing here, he wasn't Beryl. Her eyes moved around one more time, she wanted to walk away and find her daughter.

"Marco, my daughter I can't find her yet " she whispered looking back at him. Suddenly he took a step back away from her, letting her hand go.

His eyes were empty and more dark than she ever saw them.

"Say something " she whispered again but he was starting to disappear.

' oh no, you can't leave me here ' she chanted running after his shadow that was now faraway from her until all went black.

He had left her, he had left her here. Her tears started again as she fell to her knees sobbing loudly. Why did he go, she was so afraid where was she now and Beryl .

Mariana blinked a few times, her eyelids hurt and felt very heavy. She managed to finally open her eyes but not so fully, she was in a hospital.

The smell and the dull colours of the walls gave every thing away, the heart monitor machine was getting to her on the other side of the room was a glass wall and an oxygen tube was connected to her lips.

The ceiling was different from usual, she wondered what was going on, she moved her fingers but one of them was heavy with something.

Her body felt more and more weak, all her energy drained out. She wondered why no one was here with her even a single one of his men, had Marco dumped her in the hospital?

Sincerely, all she has ever done since she started staying with him was to cause trouble, maybe he was tired of her.

She felt anxiety and depression step in, all she wanted was a little pinch of care and just maybe some loving.

Why did they bother to even save her in the first place, she would have been out of there lives for ever.

It was better than to die at Valente's mercy, in the hands of a devil that even the real devil would be proud of.

She closed her eyes once more, a silent tear finding it's way down her cheeks.
She wanted to at least stay away from reality for the mean time.

When your reality is harsh and your dreams hurt, all square no where to escape to where was she to go?

The squeaking of the door got her attention but her eyes failed to open again yet all she wanted to see who it really was but finally gave up.

****
" hang him up and burn his feet, maybe add some bullets in his knees until he talks " Marco ordered staring at the man whose eyes had gone wide in fear, he always fed on his victims fear and pleads but today he didn't even realise a smirk.

He took a step back and moved out of the room leaving Davin and  Andrea on the job, moving back to his office. Aveline and Piper were waiting for him, " let me see " he stated moving over to his chair and settling down.

Aveline moved over towards the desk placing over a packet of their new ordeal, Marco didn't waste more time he tore it and poured little on his palm bringing it towards his nose he took a sniff of the white powder closing his eyes on the way.

"Now this is good and strong, Send it to Franco Conzalato he will know what to do next " he ordered taking a seat down in his chair.

"Hey dude, are you okay. You look like rotten meat "

"Get out of my office Aveline ?" He roared and she laughed making him growl loudly.

"Fine, you can wallow in your anger once more" She added storming out of the room making him smile, truly he had found a baby sister in her.

He looked up at Piper who was moving around his desk, he pushed his chair back wards as she stopped by his side. Reaching out for his inner blue shirt, she unbuttoned the first three buttons; her fingers brushing against his skin faintly before his hand was placed on top of hers.

"I love a man in a grey suit " she whispered seductively placing a kiss on his jaw.

"Glad you like it Piper " he replied with a huge smile before his all expression turned bitter " get out of my office now "

"Marco "

" Get the hell out of here now " he roared making her jump back in fear, she stumped her feet before striding out more angrier.