Twenty Seven

The black headsets were enough to block out every single sound as his focus settled on the peace of wood miles away.

Pulling the trigger multiple times, he changed the magazine and continued.

With each bullet, his mind drifted back to the girl laying still in his room.

Especially her damn smile that kept haunting him.

He was now very sure that her every smile held a pinch of poison.

Two damn weeks without looking in to her beautiful sea eyes, two damn weeks without seeing her smile.

He wanted to feel the silence she held around her, he yearned for her touch but now she couldn't even move.

He was used to watching her every single night, combing her hair, placing kisses on her lips and telling her how his day went hoping that one day she would listen and wake up but all in vain.

Every thing didn't seem right on his side, his house being blown up and searching for that one person that wanted him dead became a little too much of his mentality.

But when it came to Adriana, it was a different story.

She stood by his side all the time which most had failed to do due to his temper, now to think of it.

He had really neglected her all through.

Placing the gun down, he removed the headsets and glasses then looked around, he had truly done a good job though it didn't make an impact on his thoughts.

"What's up with the sad face?" a voice from behind pulled him back to reality as he looked back catching a sight of Aveline sitting up above on the rocks behind.

" What do you want Aveline ?" He snorted turning around to face her but she just answered with a smile.

"Some one is going to burn the mansion if she doesn't see you now" she replied staring at the ruined targets in a distance.

"What do you mean ?" He questioned back noticing the sadness on her face.

"Mariana is awake " her simple reply was enough to make his heart go wild with excitement but before he could run back at the mansion her next question caught him off guard.

"Marco how does it feel to be loved ?" She whispered to the winds above just maybe they could take her pain away.

"I don't know or can't explain am not sure cause am not in love yet, is this about Gaetano ?"  He asked and she smiled sadly.

"No " she whispered and he nodded then started walking away but stopped " Aveline " he called and she turned to look at him.

"Give Davin a chance " he added and then ran back to the mansion not waiting for her reply.

He was so eager to reach his room and see his Angel, his sweet Gift.

Throwing the doors open, he ran to the stairs not even bothering to glance around or take a glimpse of who and who was watching.

Good he had asked Franco to transfer her to his room, though the machines always disturbed his sleep it became okay with time.

Standing in the doorway of his room, no one had seen him yet.

Mariana sat up with the help of pillows to hold her, her thoughts seemed too far away as Stephanie tried to feed her while Adriana watched from the couch with Davin making silly jokes next to her.

His eyes moved over to her, she was the main reason that brought him running like the house was on fire.

Her skin was pale and the bags under her eyes but after all, she looked more beautiful with those blue eyes open.

She silently turned her face and saw him, her eyes locked with his gold ones.

"Marco " she whispered and if he was so sure that she made him feel things then her voice did worse.

Hearing the way his name rolled off her tongue, it was really worth the wait.

Marco walked into the room and Stephanie stood up stepping a side, he stopped by her side and sat down.

He wasn't sure what to do but she knew what she wanted and pulled him in to a tight hug, wrapping her hands around him like her all world depended on it.