Twenty three

"How did my freaking house blow up?" Marco roared for the third time in the row but still got no answer but cold stares from Gaetano, Gianni and Antonio.

" Are you calm now ?" Gaetano asked and Marco's eyebrow quirked up at these guys. " Calm is not in my dictionary now shut up and tell me what the fuck is going on ?" He questioned back flopping down on the couch

"Valente Russo blew your place up but apparently that seems like a warning, he sent a message for us" Gianni replied and now Marco's hands balled into a fist.

" We have some thing that belongs to him that we should return " Antonio finished earning glares from everyone.

"If you dare give Adriana to that piece of deep shit Antonio, I won't hesitate to murder you with my bare hands " and with that Gianni left the room leaving only the two of them glaring at Antonio.

"I don't think Valente meant Adriana " Gaetano murmured under his breath which went unnoticed.

Marco strode to his room asking his two most trusted men to join him, his mind and thoughts were in the gutters at the moment. 

He felt the urge to scream, to punch every single thing in his view, his house was all that was left to remind him of his mom. Her pictures in his art room and piano room.

She may had been a bad mother but she loved them so much, his heart constricted in pain as he sat by the bed on the floor burying his face in the palm of his hands.

"Boss, " Davin whispered staring at the man on the floor who looked up with coldness enough to freeze the whole room.

"Find out every single detail about what happened earlier, why and how and mostly was anything missing before the blow up?" He said and Davin nodded then walked out of the room living him alone.

Mariana dried the plates carefully placing them on the tray for dinner, her thoughts moved  to Marco. The way he had left her in garden made her wonder if he really was okay.

She saw the pain through those cold eyes when he looked down at her silently asking her if he could leave and she nodded, she was so curious to know what exactly happened to his house.

As she placed another plate on the tray, she jumped back with a scream and her eyes grew wide as she stared at Antonio. She wondered if he had just arrived or has been standing there watching her for some unknown time.

Her heart said otherwise, he had been watching her for a while and she could feel it. Her eyes searched around but it seemed no one was in view, she felt her palms sweat as his eyes darkened with something she had never understood but only seen before but in Valente's eyes.

She took a step backwards as he stepped in to the room, she wondered what exactly he wanted but her heart beat seemed to say otherwise so was the devious smirk on his face.

"I haven't seen you around lately, with that beauty why do you keep hiding " he spoke up and she took a step back, shivering. Mariana couldn't help thinking about Valente, some how Antonio had managed to portray that picture in front of her eyes.

Her eyes moved towards the kitchen entry only to find the door closed, now only the door that was left was the one that led to the garden.

She didn't notice his hard strides towards her until he was standing in front of her making her yelp and jump back. Antonio grabbed her by the wrist harshly, she was sure that her hand was to be bruised by the time he let go.

She looked up at him like a cat caught stealing milk, she was desperate to know what he wanted and leave immediately. This man knew how to scare her from the day she first met him.

His hand raised and if her eyes could go any wider they just did as panic arose within her, was he going to hit her?

She looked at his cold face then back at his hand and felt the urge to shrink away when he touched her hair grabbing it into a tight fist making her wince and close her eyes in pain.

Her free hand moved to his grip trying to pull it away, he lowered his head to the neck.

" I have my special ways to welcome every maid, how about I give you the warmest " he whispered let go of her hand and holding the skin of her thigh, his hands moving up slowly as she tried to step far away.

Now Mariana was sure she had to get out of here, she hadn't noticed the tears that fell out of her eyes as she focused on wiggling her hand out of his grip.

"Antonio " Gianni roared from the door way.