Twenty four

Antonio let Mariana go with a smug look " what the fuck man? " Gianni questioned walking towards the scared girl with tears in her eyes.

"Ana, are you okay ?" He whispered and she chocked out a sob then nodded lightly.
"Go up stairs to Marco's room, he has been looking for you " he added and she nodded then without looking back, she ran out of the room past the men on the dining table who gave her curious looks  and upstairs.

She heard the screaming and shattering of things from the kitchen but didn't turn back, she almost fell down the stairs when her shoes slipped but kept going up through the hallway to the third room on the left.

She could hear the screams getting louder, but didn't care until she tripped and fell to her knees with a scream. She couldn't help the sobs that escaped her lips as she held on to the wall and walked in to Marcos room that was wide open.

Everything seemed to play in front of her eyes like a movie, every single encounter with Vicente. Her wedding with him and her pregnancy with him, every single beautiful moment was turned in to her darkness.

"Mariana " Marco's voice cut through her train of thoughts, her empty eyes looked up at him as she stumbled into his arms. Her broken state made him forget his problems in a minute.

"Hey " he whispered as she sobbed hugging him and holding tight, a feeling of comfort and peace washed over her at his hold. The pain she felt minutes ago, the darkness and memories seemed to disappear, only his heart beat seemed to exist.

Marco didn't seem to understand a thing as he held her, he had seen her cry earlier and now he saw that emptiness in her eyes once again. He wondered if it was the new house until he had the screaming downstairs that made her shiver and hold him more tightly.

"Marco you need to come... Oh" Davin whispered then turned around to walk away before the two could notice, "Davin " Marco's stern voice stopped him.

Mariana tried to pull away from his grip but he wasn't letting go neither were his eyes leaving her " Tell me " he added and Davin nodded.

"Gianni and Antonio are killing each other downstairs and Gaetano can't leave Larissa she got pushed during the fight " Marco looked down as Mariana's eyes widened in fear, she wanted to explain to him that she didn't want to break his family.

"Come on let's go " he held her wrist tightly wanting to get to the bottom of this only to hear her wince in pain, Marco lifted her hand and examined her wrist seeing the finger marks on her skin while the place was starting to turn purple.

He looked up at her face and her eyes where closed, he grabbed her other wrist and pulled her out of his room, he could feel her hesitation  as she tried to get her hand out of his grip but he didn't let go.

He strode down stairs and caught sight of Larissa sitting at the other side of the room and crying while Gaetano knelt in front of her whispering soothing curses that almost made her laugh if only her butt didn't hurt much.

Marco's eyes drifted off to the disorganized mess of a house and two fighting figures that no one even bothered to interfere. "What the hell is going on here?" His voice boomed through the walls of the house as Gianni tried to block the punches thrown his way and wiggle from under Antonio.

"What the fuck is going on here ?" He added as Antonio and Gianni let go now, standing far away from each other though there glares never ceased

"Don't you dare fuck with me boy or else.. " Antonio growled and Gianni smirked.

"That's because I would never fight back, but it sucks to respect an elder without brains " He replied calmly wiping blood from his busted lips with the back of his hand.

"What's the meaning of this ?" Gaetano growled like an earth quake.

Gianni looked at Mariana who tried to hide behind Marco but failed miserably then his gaze moved to Antonio, now Marco couldn't help but move his eyes to the silent beauty trying to hide in him.

Then to his father that was smirking, the emptiness in her eyes and way she ran into his arms when he least expected it and then the fight all over sudden.

"Did he.. You know what am talking about?" He directed his question towards Gianni who nodded. Marco let go of Mariana's hand.

His mom's voice rang through his mind and suddenly he could see every single part of his life play in front of his eyes.

His eyes drifted back to Mariana and then he turned to face her taking a direct look at her, her fingers playing with the hems of her dress. Her hair that was up in a messy bun all disorganized with a few strands all over her face, her flashed cheeks. The tears in her eyes and those wide eyes that stared at him with all the vulnerability.

He felt anger rush through his veins at a high speed, his eyes became all red from anger. He turned to Antonio who took a step back so where the others, no one had ever seen him this angry.

"You tried to rape her the same way you did to Clara or should I say my mom" his voice deep and low but all eyes went wide, his voice could've brought all the walls down as Mariana jumped back with a whimper.