Thirty Five

Mariana turned away from Valente towards the car window she slowly put the tips of her hand in her dress and pulled out the gun carefully.

She stared at it before turning towards Valente and raised it at him realising it's safety " Stop the car Valente " She spoke up with confidence.

He sighed staring at the front " come on honey we both know you can't..." His words were cut short when she shot his side of the window making him stop the car abruptly as the bullet passed in front of his eyes.

She opened the car door and stepped out as he followed out, she didn't want to go back with him.

Mariana raised her gun again earning a few screams from the people around as the cars that were on their trail stopped around them.

She slowly moved to his side as he closed the car door, this was it the time to end all of this.

She looked at Valente and remembered her daughter's smile, Marco's hugs.

For seven whole years she had suffered at his hands, not again. She wasn't ready to lose more while he gains.

She remembered Marco's unconscious body and the metallic kiss. A tear fell down her cheek, she hadn't realised that her hands shook violently

All the things he did to her, all the suffering she faced in his house flashed through her eyes and she almost whimpered back.

She watched as Valente smirked at her actions and she knew this was it, pointing the gun towards him.

She closed her eyes and her finger roamed above the trigger before she placed hard on it, with a sob and realised a series of bullets at him.

She could feel his blood splash all over her and the screams of people near by.

Her eyes were still closed by the time she stopped and the gun slipped out of her hands landing on the floor with a loud sound.

Her eyes slowly flew open and she stared at Valente Russo's dead body.

His face unrecognizable and his chest had holes in it, she couldn't believe she had just done this.

She took a step back almost tripping but someone held her, she looked up and her eyes fell on Davin before slowly she drifted in to the unconscious state.

"Ana.." He called slapping both her cheeks but nothing, carrying her towards the car he knew he had to get her to the hospital.

"Artur you know what to do?" He ordered and drove off as fast as he could to the hospital.

*****

Mariana pulled herself up in to a sitting position, she looked around the deem hospital room.

She wanted to see Marco and at least know how he is, when the nurse came in she took the chance.

"Is Marco Di Martino admitted here?" She questioned and the nurse nodded.

"His on the fourth floor, room 356 " She said and Mariana nodded, she got off the bed and ran out of the room even at the protests of the nurse.

She felt dizzy holding on to the wall, now she noticed the pink hospital dress and her bare feet but there were least of her worries.

She reached the elevator as the doors opened and got in leaning back, she sighed pressing the fourth floor button

Truly she didn't feel so well, her head hurt so much and her whole body seemed too heavy for her.

Her eyes fell close as her thoughts drifted back to Marco, she wondered how he really is.

She wondered whether he had woke up yet.

Until now she didn't know if she could ever erase the guilt she felt due to all that had happened, she knew Valente attacked him knowing her connection to him.

The Valente she knew wouldn't had done that if it didn't hurt her in the process and he succeeded.

The elevator doors finally slid open at the same time as her eyes, she slowly stepped out and looked around.

Even though every thing seemed blur she managed to notice his family.

Taking a few steps her eyes caught sight of the glass that looked direct into the ICU room.

Her legs wobbled and she held on to the wall, her fingers touched the glass lightly as if it would disappear and she would touch him.

Seeing him lay there helplessly on an oxygen machine burned on her shoulders, it hurt so much.

She couldn't help the tears that slowly rolled down her cheeks.

"Will you still address me as Valentina?" She almost chuckled at his words but burst in to tears