Nineteen

"Shit " Davin cursed as he shot forward making way for them as they ran down the stairs, he pushed Mariana back as a few bullets flew there way.

More bullets kept coming as they managed to make there way out to the car that was parked and got in placing the bag on the floor as Gaetano drove off, he looked through the rear view mirror at Mariana.

Marco may had trusted this girl easily but why was it hard for him to trust her, it seemed there's more to her than the cover picture she gave off.

As they drove off a few cars started to follow behind, Davin and Aveline shot a few tyres with Mariana until they reached an open ground where the two jets were.

They all stepped out of the car running towards the jets, Gaetano helped Mariana and Aveline up then he did the same for him self.

"Fucking shit ! " Marco swore as he removed his jacket then painfully unbuttoned his shirt, Mariana sat by his side placing the bag down.

She stared at him with worried eyes grabbing his shirt from his hands, she tore it into peaces and tied it around the bullet wound on his arm.

Marco wore his Coat once again and leaned back closing his eyes, while placing his other hand over Mariana's shoulder pulling her close as they Jet took off into the sky.

"Where's Adriana?" Gaetano asked taking the opposite seat in front of Marco staring at him and Mariana.

"She's a sleep, she became unconscious on the way. Did you see the fucker that purchased her ?" Marco questioned staring down at Mariana but her eyes were already closed as she let out a soft snore.

Her head was placed on his shoulder while her gloved hands buried in the pockets of her leather jacket, he lightly placed a kiss on her forehead pushing a few strands of her hair out of her face.

" It's none other than Valente Russo " Gaetano replied leaning back. They both knew that Valente won't rest until he has Adriana under his grip, so this means war.

Gaetano's eyes lingered on Mariana attentively studying all her features, now he was so sure he knew her.

" Excuse me Miss " Gaetano whispered staring at the Lady that ran into him. Her green turtle neck vest dress floating about the floor as she stood there staring at him.

Her brown hair was curled perfectly then thrown over her left shoulder, with perfect natural make up.
She was beautiful with her glassy blue dot eyes staring back at him in shock, surprise and panic.

"Are you okay ?" He asked as she looked around cautiously then back at him and nodded.

"Sorry I have to go " She whispered in a soft voice then ran back in the main hall.

Staring at her now she seemed to had changed from that woman in his memory but that woman could talk, how come she lost her voice all of a sudden.

Something was definitely off, Gaetano stood up and decided to check on Adriana giving the two space.

Marco leaned back closing his eyes hoping for some rest, his body seemed to had gotten used to the rhythm of his heart.

His ears also got comfortable with Mariana's soft snores, relaxing abit he allowed sleep to take him. His shoulder hurt like a bitch but sadly he had nothing to do but wait until they arrived.

He felt the nausea due to losing so much blood, while his temperature rose a bit. He shifted uncomfortably but this seemed enough to get Mariana out of her sleep.

Her blue eyes blinked then drifted up at him, he could feel her stare but his eyes seemed more heavier than he thought.

"Am okay " he whispered but she shook her head, it was a lie and she knew it.
She had seen him in his vulnerable state now why was he trying to hide his weakness.

She wondered if he was taking a step back in the line of trust he had restored for her, maybe after all he realised that she doesn't deserve it.

She removed her hand from her jacket then pulled off the glove placing it a side.

She placed her hand on his forehead and realised that his whole body was starting to burn up though he was trying not to show it.

She wondered why he was trying to hide it, he was sick and that was something that comes natural. Mariana wondered why he kept acting strong in a such a condition.

She hadn't realized the tear that fell down her flashed cheeks until a thumb was rubbing it away making her look up at Marco.

His brown eyes locked with her blue ones " Mariana am okay " he whispered again but deep in her eyes he could see that she didn't believe him.

Without any hesitation he leaned forward and placed a light kiss on her lips, it was meant to be fairly short but Mariana held onto his coat pulling him more towards her to deepen the kiss but he winced making her pull back abruptly with wide eyes.

She never meant to hurt him because of her roughness, Marco stared down at her finally smiling which came as a surprise.

She had expected him to be angry with her but then he placed his lips back on hers in a deep passionate kiss.

Now Mariana was so sure that the road she was taking, there was no way back. She had started to seriously develop feelings for this man in front of her