Twenty five

Not even one single soul knew the story behind Marco and Adriana's arrival until now.
"You raped mom" Adriana's voice came from up stairs earning everyone's eye on her.

Mariana stared at Marco wanting to tell him that Antonio may had touched but never tried to rape her, she wanted to tell him that he just scared her but that's all.

"You raped Clara, you raped my best friend and told me that she seduced you " Rosalie spoke up from a far corner staring at the man she had married. " How many lies have you told me so far, you son of a bitch " she cried then charged forward with slaps and punches that made no impact.

"You lied to me, you damn lied to me Antonio " Every one's focus settled on her except Gaetano's and Marco's who was shaking with rage.
Adriana passed by Mariana and walked over to him holding one of his fists to come him down.

Staring at the two now Mariana could see and confirm that Adriana wasn't the woman she saw in the photos that were in the piano room but both Marco and her looked exactly like that woman or more like each other.

She could see Adriana holding him close and whispering some things to him so did he reply back, they seemed to be in a world far away from what was going on around them.

Gianni and Stephanie had managed to calm Rosalie down, while Antonio tried to explain. The men in the room seemed not understand anything while Aveline and Piper just clamped their lips shut standing far away where's Gianni's wife seemed to be by Larissa's side holding her hand. 

Mariana felt out  of place as she stood by the stairs, this was a family and who was she to them yet she started such a fight in this house.

Her heart constricted, she wanted to feel the love of a family and a man who cared deeply for her like Larissa or Mia.

Her eyes moved back to Marco and something caught her eye. Her face lost all color and her eyes went wide enough but no one seemed to notice, her eyes moved to the window but she couldn't see anything outside even with the sun shining bright then back at Marco.

His black shirt displayed what she feared most as it danced on his back but he didn't notice until it stopped and her eyes widened.

' If a sniper target stops that means it's time to shoot ' her father's words rang through her mind and now she realized what was going.

Mariana had nothing to look up to except this man, he had found her in the road and helped her. Seeing the red spot on his back all her life with Marco started played in front of her eyes ' their fist kiss, her Valentino, there night in the garden. The day she slept besides him even when he tried to hide his pain not to worry her "

Her heart beat wildly in her chest as adrenaline rushed through her veins. " Marco " she screamed on top of lungs not realising that she just spoke without bad memories coming on to her as she ran to him.

She didn't notice the surprise or shock in every one's eyes and especially in Marco's eyes but only concentrated on one thing, to save his life. Pushing Adriana from his arms so hard that she flew to floor, Mariana grabbed Marco's arms and turned him around so fast that he staggered with wide eyes wondered what the hell was going on.

Before he could say anything, another scream of agony escaped her lips the force almost throwing her forward but she held on to his arms, her fingers digging into his skin.
She whimpered as tears escaped her eyes while she looked up at him not hiding her pain.

He was still in shock staring at her until she smiled pulling him out of his thoughts " Mariana " he whispered wrapping an arm around her waist as her legs gave way.

He knelt down with her in his arms but she didn't seem to care, having him hold her was enough " Where's Fernando can some one get that fucking fool right here " he roared slowly moving his hand around her back and almost cried.

" It has to miracle for the bullet to have not touched her heart " he whispered to himself and this time around a tear of his own fell down his cheek.

Everyone seemed frozen in their place watching the two.