Sixteen

Mariana stood up grabbing her plate along and walked over to the sink placing it in then turned around to face Marco.

He still stood by the door, his muscular arms folded around his chest, he still wore the Armani suit he had on in this morning. His hair was more disorganized.

"Mariana " he whispered lightly walking over to where she stood, he didn't give her much time to process what was happening next but acted on impact.

Marco pulled her in his arms hugging her as tight as he could like all his tomorrow depended on it, his arm wrapped around her back and the other holding onto the back of her head.

Good enough she was far more shorter than him getting an easy access to his heart beat, wrapping her arms around him. She could fe his pain. Some how she wanted to take it all away and make it disappear through thin hair and maybe see his smile even if it's just this once.

She held onto him tightly, it felt so good to have his arms wrapped around her. It felt home to listen to his heart beat this wildly only for her.

Alone tear slipped down his cheeks " I don't know what to do Mariana, I really don't know " he whispered pulling away lightly and looking down at her.

With her he didn't feel the need to hide a thing from her, she was like his mirror. The only thing he would let to see all his scars.

As his hand pushed strands of her hair behind her ear, she placed her hands on his cheeks wiping away the tear and staring deep into his honey eyes.

She had never felt so desperate in life to speak and tell him everything is going to be okay but how when her voice held so many bitter memories.

"Come with me " he whispered pulling away and holding her wrist they both walked through the kitchen door to the garden.

The night breeze making her shiver slightly as Marco walked  over to the middle under the tree and sat down.

He pulled her down making her sit in between his legs her back to him, Mariana didn't know how to react as his hands wrapped around her waist, making her heart race off.

This man knew how to control her body without raising a finger, the way her heart bowed down for him was unexplainable.

Marco pushed her hair aside and placed his chin on her shoulders closing his eyes and allowing his hot breath send shivers down her spine every time it hit the skin of her neck.

The silence around them was enough and much more comfortable, for once in all his life Marco felt passionate about a girl he didn't even know.

Thinking about it now, it's like all he knew about Mariana was her name and her skills at shooting but who exactly was Mariana?

Who exactly was the girl that was starting to snatch his heart away from his grip?

Maybe just maybe behind the facade of a broken girl, there might an Angel who is brighter than the darkness around her all she needed was a way out.

What if he was the only way out for her?

"Will you still address me as Valentina?" he whispered, his voice deep tugging at her heart in a way she didn't expect. Damn the feelings he was giving her without knowing it were making her mind hazy.

The memory behind that name flashed through her mind and she smiled catching him off guard.

Her smile this time round shone with her star eyes, he was tempted to take her picture without her noticing but sadly he didn't want to move from this position.

She nodded lightly and he smiled, truly his whole day was dull until her.

Everything about her was starting to become addictive.

Her liquid blue eyes that sparkled like stars of the night.

Her kisses that contained a special unresistible flavour.

Now her smiles, they just made his heart react in ways he didn't understand.

She was like a queen, with an aura of innocence that didn't belong to world of blood like his.

He yearned to hear her voice, wondering if one day she will give him the honours of hearing it.

She shivered slightly her hands wrapping around her while her eyes didn't move away from the beautiful sky and stars.

Marco unwrapped his arms around her before making her stand again which she did with much confusion then placing her on his laps good enough she wasn't pushing him away like he expected.

He removed his jacket making her wear it over her maid dress, her eyes landed on the black long sleeved shirt that hugged his upper body tightly.

Her eyes moved to his face, his rough stubble stood out like his red plump lips. Her eyes locked with his, he wasn't even trying to bother hiding the pain and vulnerability he felt from her.

She placed her hand on his cheek and he leaned in to it closing his eyes along, now she yearned to wash away all his pain if only she knew how to.

Bringing her face closer, she placed her lips on his for minutes before pulling away.

Mariana placed her head on Marco's shoulder, while her other hand held the nape of his neck softly.

Finally she had found her peace