Twenty Six

Marco stared down at Mariana, her eyes where closed by now and he could see all the strength start to drift out of her.

" You foolish girl " he whispered more to him self but she heard it and smiled.

Ever since he entered the Mafia world no one especially a woman ever tried to save him from a bullet but she just did without even a single hesitation.

He felt his heart flatter as his bloody hand moved over her cheek softly.

"I can't lose you " he whispered and her eyes slowly opened staring back up at him.

" Am not going anywhere " she whispered back, her voice faint and weak while blood kept soaking her maid dress.

Marco froze then stared down at her " you spoke !!" He whispered and if she wasn't in pain she would have chuckled but didn't even try to respond as she drifted into a peaceful darkness.

"Mariana " Marco whispered slapping her cheek multiple times but nothing.

"Come on my Angel, please stay with me " he added sitting down and pulling her over him.

" Mariana " the desperation in his voice made the girls in the room silently cry.

He pulled her close to his chest rocking her back and forth, "Marco " Adriana whispered moving close and sitting besides him.

All through there growth, she had never seen him cry like this and the pain in his voice vulnerable enough for every one to see.

Fernando walked through the main door and froze dead in track then moved towards Marco who looked up at him with hopeful eyes "tell me, she will be okay please " he whispered but Fernando didn't reply.

Fernando held her wrist slowly then sighed " we need to get her to my penthouse now " he said and Marco nodded lifting her bridal style in his arms he stood up and started moving towards the main door.

He ran around the house and deep in the woods to the pent house that Fernando loved, he took the stairs then kicked the door open and walked to a special room with the most machines.

Placing her carefully on the bed, he didn't know what to do but stare.

Marco had never felt so useless in his whole life until now.
He watched as Fernando connected her to the artificial oxygen.

He sat down in on the floor and placed his face in the palm of his bloody hands, he wondered if this once God will listen in case he tried to pray for this girl that came in to his life like a storm.

He could see her smile flash in front of his eyes, his heart fell to the pit of his stomach with much heaviness.

Marco looked up and watched as Fernando continued to do his work carefully without hurting her.

His whole body was tense with worry, every second that passed seemed like a year.

" Am not going anywhere " her soft voice rung through his ears tugging at his heart, she had talked to him and that's what he always wanted right but then why wasn't he happy as he should be.

Because she wasn't with him, she wasn't here to talk to him again.

Her sweet voice competing with a boat, he never knew that hearing her talk would feel like sailing.

Now he could see that his feelings for this girl had deepened without him noticing, she was drilling a place for her self in his heart but who exactly was Mariana.

Who was the girl that just risked her own life for his, the same girl that gave up every thing for him to be safe like she had nothing to lose.

Who was the girl with a smile that is a healing for his broken soul, with a touch of fire that burns in him

He wondered if he will ever forgive himself if she didn't survive this, he couldn't he have noticed the sniper target.

They wanted to assassinate him but who, on the same day that his house was blown up.

He wanted to know what was going on, everything was starting to confuse him.

Marco wanted to understand this but it seemed to be more deeper than he thought.

The question was who wants him dead, he was now so sure that isn't about Adriana any more.

All in all, he wanted to see Mariana's blue eyes always