Twelve

Looking away from Marco, she felt her heart sink and tears cloud her visions. Closing her eyes she dropped her hands off his body causing him to notice her distaste.

He was a player, she had seen him bang a lady on his front desk and lastly a Di Martino they got no hearts.
Marco watched as she looked back at him, he hadn't shifted a bit from his position so they were still close.

Her eyes portrayed pain and held tears " Mariana " he whispered now this is what he was so afraid of, her reaction was starting to make him regret kissing her yet it was something he didn't want to forget or feel guilty about.

The door creaked making him pull away from her in a rush, staring at the doctor who smiled there way.

"Well Marco all I can tell you is that she can go home now and needs more rest don't stress her out, oh and about what you asked me; she can definitely talk whenever she wants "

This ticked off Mariana, her hands balled in to fist. How could he do this, couldn't he just ask her directly.
She got off bed angrier as the doc walked out of the room.

"Mariana " he whispered and she glared his way before walking out of the room, her turtle neck vest dress held on to her body tightly.

Marco let out a huge breath before following her, seriously now he is getting more confused.

One minute she's kissing him like her life depended on it the next minute she just want to punch him so hard. He followed her to the elevator grabbing her arm before she could go any further turning her around so she was facing him now

" What have I done now ? " he questioned staring deep in to her eyes.

"I know you can damn talk Mariana so fuckin' stop the act " he roared catching attention of the hospital stuff and most people in the area around them.

She stared at him, how dare he think this all a joke. This was her life and only her life so she will play by her own damn rules, Mariana knew that by now she was fuming with anger but not wanting to do any thing to rile him up she turned her attention away and back on the elevator.

Marco grabbed her wrist once again pulling her so she could face him, she threw a hard punch his way giving him busted lips while he stumbled back staring at her way in shock, he dodged another punch and grabbed her leg as she threw a kick his way elbowing him so hard.

He stared into her eyes after letting her leg go aggressively, "Mari.." Before he could finish she threw another punch and he grabbed her arm turning her around and pulling her to his chest.

"Can you stop for fuck's sake, your attracting attention " he whispered darkly burying his head in the nape of her neck.

Mariana's eyes fluttered close as he let go of her hand, his wrapping around her waist. She could feel his heart beat harder the same way as hers.

What was this feeling, why was it making her flatter and of all people why is it with only him. No man ever made her mind black out with just a stare.

" Bless me with your voice Gift, I can't wait anymore to hear you speak. At least say my name ' Marco ' ". His voice was soothing though it ticked something off accidentally.

Her nails dug into his wrists, as memories flashed through eyes. Valente's eyes staring back at her, she wanted to crawl away and hide somewhere he could never find her.

Yes she yearned to have his blood on her hands, maybe it would bring back her peace and comfort. " Mariana" Marco's deep beautiful voice cut through her memories bringing her back to reality.
Her eyes blinked open staring up at the ceiling, he turned her around in his arms so she was facing him.

Her eyes moved to him but caught something else, she grabbed on to his shoulders pulling him close and stepping on her tip toes as if to kiss him but taking a clear look at the corners behind Marco.

The electric flicked off and now she knew that wasn't an illusion, Marco noticed the tension opening his eyes fully to darkness.

Before he could pull out his gun some else grabbed it. A loud bullet was heard earning screams from all around, "every one get down now " Marco screamed on top of his lungs.

Seriously he himself didn't know what to do cause every where was dark, Mariana pushed him aside in to the hallway next to the elevators.

She could feel his uneasiness as he pulled out his second gun, her hands traced his face through the darkness until her fingers traced his lips " Mariana , are you safe " he whispered and she nodded then remembered he can't see her.

Placing her lips on his, hoping that's enough to confirm him of her safety before she pulled away.