Twenty two

Every thing seemed to much for her as she ran out through the back door to the garden.

She was trailing along the lines of her end, it seemed like even if she travelled far away Valente will always have ways to ruin her life.

This was her end, if Gaetano decided to tell Marco but of course he was going to tell him.

Her heart shattered at the thought of Marco's anger, would he really kill her or was it going to be much worse.

As she sat down by the fountain staring at the sky someone squat next to her cutting through her thoughts " Mariana " the deep voice made her turn abruptly staring at Gaetano.

From up close he was a beautiful man, with blue sky eyes just like hers.
" I went to see Adriana in her room a few minutes ago, she flinched away from me and asked me to get out " he whispered staring in to a distance.

" I don't know what happened to you that it even deprived you of your voice but I know one thing, am finally getting to see a happy, free version of Marco.

That's something we had never seen, I am not going to tell him who you are but you would cause that's not my secret to tell but yours. Enjoy yourself Mariana allow him to love you but don't hide the truth from him, he really deserves to know "

And with that he stood up leaving her alone, was this the kind of life she wanted to live. Hiding a deep secret that can ruin her new happiness, she wondered what will happen if any one else figures this out.

Mariana didn't hear any footsteps until someone squat behind her pulling her hair aside
" Want to tell me why your crying?" Marco's voice made a shiver run down her spine.

She didn't expect him to be back until a few hours later, she lifted her hands and quickly rubbed away her tears. She hadn't even noticed that she was crying.

"Mariana " he whispered placing a light kiss on the skin of her neck "what's wrong Gift ?" The softness of his voice was enough to make her drown in guilt.

Another sob escaped her lips and another as she buried her face in her hands bursting in to tears, now more than ever she wished to talk and tell him everything.

Maybe just maybe, she hoped that he would understand her. Marco maybe good at hiding it but she knew that he had a heart, it may be dark but maybe it's good.

"Hey " he whispered placing another kiss on her cheek "did anyone say anything to you?" He added and this time around she couldn't help the chuckle.

Seeing him this concerned about her just for a bunch of tears made her happy in a a way she didn't understand. They weren't that close yet the care he was giving her, she wondered if this was the Marco she saw banging some other girl on his office desk.

The memory was still clear in her head though, Mariana wondered if he still slept around. The thought hit her like a sword coated with dark blood.

She shook her head and tried to look up at him, his cold gaze penetrating her soul through her blue eyes.

Her thoughts froze, everything around disappeared except for him, the way her heart bowed to him like a king, the way he controlled her body without raising a finger.

She wondered how he did it like her own appointed ruler

Her lips parted and he took that chance to kiss her making her gasp in surprise.

The position was uncomfortable with him squatting behind her but Mariana never minded at all, She wanted him to erase all her past away with his kisses and touch.

A loud cough pulled them back to reality, Marco pulled away slightly staring deep in to her eyes not paying attention to the person standing in front of them.

"Marco I think, you need to know this " Piper said glaring at the two, this guy was supposed to be with her not some dumb girl that came out of nowhere.

"What is it Piper ?" Marco asked not even staring at her for a minute.

"Your house was blown up a few minutes ago " she whispered and now he looked up.