The Look

A/N: This takes place after the 40's. Welp here goes nothing...

"Hey, Stevie!" Bucky calls out to his best pal. "What do you need Buck?" Steve questions sitting down on the couch with Bucky.

"How come you don't have a special someone?"

"Well, maybe I haven't moved on from Peggy..." Steve goes quieter towards the end of the sentence. He was embarrassed that he hasn't had anyone special to him again.

"Well okay." Is all Bucky could say. He was a little disappointed because he slightly started to grow a crush on Steve, but no way was he going to admit that.

"Buck, why haven't you moved on to someone special?" Steve was very curious because Bucky was such a great guy. Who wouldn't be lucky to have him?

"Umm... I guess I just haven't found the right person" he was lying. He couldn't tell Steve he liked him.

"You're a bad liar Buck, but I'll take your word for it. I have another question though."

"I'm a great liar and ask me whatever!" Bucky was upset that he was called a horrible liar but he knew it was slightly true.

"Well do remember when Peggy came into the bar and she ignored you quite a bit."

"Yeah, so?"

"Well after she left, I saw you give her this look''

"What look. What do you mean? I didn't give her a look." Bucky spits out nervously as he started playing with his hair. That's what he did when he was nervous. He knew exactly the look Steve was talking about. What he didn't mention before this crush started before the super serum. So this look was out of jealousy.

"Well, you looked at her as she left and you had this look like you were irritated with her. Why would you have been annoyed with her?" Steve knew Bucky was lying, Steve knew when Bucky plays with his hair he's nervous. Steve found it kind of cute he thought. Wait. Steve couldn't like Bucky in this way, it would ruin their friendship.

"Well she paid more attention to you than to me, so I guess I got jealous." he was still playing with his hair.

"Buck, I know you're lying. Just tell me I won't judge, it's ok Bucky" Steve says trying to comfort Bucky

"Well... I...umm... I just can't say it, Steve. I really want to tell you but I don't know how." He continues to ramble on. Steve was just watching his lips. Man did he want to kiss him, he didn't understand why though. Bucky continued to babble and Steve forgot what they were talking about. He had Bucky on his mind and not in a friendly way.

Finally, Steve asked "Why don't you just tell me Buck?" trying to remember what they were talking about.

"Fine... I umm liked you and got jealous so I gave her the death stare. And I--- and I guess I still do. I don' t mphhh" After Bucky confessed what he did Steve couldn't resist anymore. He grabbed Bucky by his shirt collar and kissed him harshly. Bucky taken by surprise didn't kiss back right away but soon he kissed back just as harsh. Both out of breath they pull apart keeping their foreheads together. Steve takes himself back a little panicked.

"I'm sorry," Steve says shakily "are you sure" Bucky just leans in and kisses Steve again this a lot softer. Steve smiles into the kiss realizing he found his someone and it all started with a look. 

A/N: Well that was terrible, I'm sorry. I still hope you enjoyed even if it's a little cliche!