One Last Moment pt.1

A/N: Heavy Suicide trigger warning. Read with caution this very dark and it was very hard to write. This will also take place back in the 40's pre-everything and Steve and Bucky have never met before.

I open my eyes slowly and look out my window. It's still dark out. I guess I woke up in the middle of the night again. I haven't had the best sleeping habits lately. I shift to look at my clock and notice it's twelve-fifteen AM.

I try and get myself back to sleep but I never manage. I just can't seem to fall asleep again.

Another one of those nights. Yaaay.

I got up putting on a sweatshirt from my closet over my baggy shirt. I then head towards the front door of my house. I'm sure my mom will understand anyway. She knows if I can't fall asleep I just need some fresh air. So I decide to go on a little walk.

~~~ Time skip a few minutes into the walk ~~~

As I was walking all alone, I came to a bridge. On this bridge, I saw a boy standing very close to the edge. The first thought to my head was He was jumping. 

With that in my head, I began to walk faster. It soon became a run, not very fast though. The fact that I wasn't fast was sad because as I was reaching for his wrist, he jumped off. 

My heart stopped. It felt like all time had stopped. There was a ringing noise in my ear and I felt dizzy. I was waiting for the splash. 

As I waited, all of a sudden there was a yell. Then it hit me. He didn't hit the water. 

I looked over the edge and saw the boy. I let out a huge sigh of relief as I saw the brown haired, blue eyed boy stuck on something. 

"H-hey! Help me! P-please!" He yelled up 

I stretched my small arm down as far as I could to reach him. Once his hand grabbed mine, I pulled him back onto safety. He hugged me and I hugged him back. I gently rubbed his back.

"It'll be okay. It's okay. You're okay," I whispered to him, trying to sooth the boy.

As his breathing became normal again, he slipped out of our embrace. He smiled and thanked me.

"So, uh what is your name?" I asked

He stayed silent. He was probably still in shock. I wait for a bit though.

"I'm Steve by the way," I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"I-I'm James. Yo-You can call me Bucky though." he finally responded

"Bucky... I like that," I said giving him a warm smile

Then there was another awkward silence between us. 

"Soooo... why did you jump off?"

WOOOOOW REAL F**KING SMOOTH

He choked on air for a second. Then I saw a tear slide down his cheek, then another. Soon he was sobbing uncontrollably. It honestly pained me seeing him cry.

"No, no, no. It's okay. You don't need to tell me if you don't want," I reassured him

"I just f**king hate my life. I hate myself. I'm just a damn waste of space." I heard him mumble under his breath. Hearing him say that made me want to comfort him.

I got near him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. I then pulled him towards me.

"I'll help you with anything you need. Anything"

For the first time that night he made eye contact with me. He opened his mouth telling me what he wanted. What he said left me shocked.

"Help me kill myself. I want it to be memorable. Please." he pleaded making a puppy dog eyes look

I wanted to say no. I wish I could say no. But, I gave him my word. I hung my head.

I- I just want to help him. I want him to see the joys of life and to make him enjoy his time... Wait! That's exactly what I'll do!

I accepted the request with heavy guilt in me. We exchanged our goodbyes and said that we would meet again tomorrow since it was getting even later.

I walked home, went inside, and laid on my bed.

~~~ Time Skip brought to you by my tears... and probably yours ~~~

The next day I did my morning routine. I got outta bed, brushed my bed head, ate breakfast with my mom, and brushed my teeth. I then got my backpack and headed to school.

I get to school and do as I normally do. I pay attention to everything, take my notes thoroughly, participate, and aim for the best results I can get. I know, I'm a bit of a nerd.

After school, I begin to walk back home. I then heard very angry footsteps behind me. I turn to see an angry bully. Which one? I don't remember.

My legs went into autopilot and started running, but as I said before I'm not very fast.

"Come back here ya piece of sh*t!" he screamed at me

He finally got me stepping in front of me. He dragged me to an alley with a bunch of his friends, though they weren't bullies. He was about to hit me when a girl I've seen once or twice before, stepped in front of me and told the bully they need to talk. She grabbed him by the collar and dragged him out of the alley.

I quickly collected my bag and started to treck back home. By the time I got home, I already saw Bucky waiting for me outside. He was waving his hand and laughing. It was if he was actually happy to see me. 

"So, where you wanna go?" I asked

"Well since I have limited time, why don't we go to the park?" He replied

"That sounds fun." I didn't even place my bag at my house. I just wanted o give him the best time of his life.

A/N: I'm gonna stop here for today. Sorry, I want to continue but I had a soccer game today and have zero energy. I'll try to finish this tomorrow. I'll also have some questions I'd like you to answer at the end of the story!