Admit It pt. 2

"I guess I do... but does he really love me?"

Flashback over.

"He most definitely loves you, Steve. Don't kid yourself." Nat comforted

"Did he straight up say that he loves me?" Steve snapped

"No... but I don't need him to tell me that. I can see it when he talks to you and the way he looks at you."

"Then how come I can't f*cking see it!?"

"Steve take a deep breath. You don't see it because he's always looked at you this way."

"How would you know! You weren't there in the 1940s were you!?" Steve was beyond upset. He admitted his feelings that he didn't know he had but now he realized the feelings aren't returned.

"Steve he loves you. I may not have been there to see it, but believe me he does," Nat said trying to get it into Steve's head

"Whatever Tasha. I'm going upstairs to my room," Steve said. He felt this was all of Natasha's fault. If she didn't bring it up he wouldn't feel this way. Steve heard footsteps following him, "AND. DON'T. FOLLOW. ME."

The footsteps stopped.

Steve walked sulkily to his and Bucky's shared floor. When he got there Bucky was nowhere to be seen.

"Thank God he isn't here," Steve whispered under his breath

"Thank God who isn't here?" Bucky asked walking in from his room

"Uhhh... no one. No one. Don't worry about it," Steve played off

Bucky went to go sit on the couch after grabbing a book. He sat right next to Steve and laid his head on his shoulder. Steve visibly tensed up, but Bucky didn't seem to notice. He just peacefully read.

What the hell? This isn't how friends act, is it? Should I question it? I think I should. Steve thought

"Hey, Buck. Whatcha doing?" Steve asked trying to be nonchalant.

"Reading," he said not looking up from his book

"I mean leaning on my shoulder."

"Oh. You're comfy so why not? Does it bother you?" Bucky asked concerned

"No. Not at all just wondering."

They sat there like this for hours and it was almost dinner. Steve had placed his head back on the couch and fell asleep. Bucky was hungry so he took his head off Steve's shoulder and placed his book on the side table. As he got up he looked back at Steve sleeping peacefully.

He looks so cute. You can hear his tiny snores just like when we were younger. When I actually had a chance with him... Let's not think about that now Bucky, let's just go make dinner. Bucky thought

Before he left to go to their kitchen he laid a soft kiss on Steve's forehead.

~~~ Magical time skips brought to you tbh idk. Time skip halfway through Bucky making dinner, which is Mac & Cheese and Fish Sticks ~~~

Bucky was currently stirring the mac & cheese when there was a knock at the door. He looked and saw that Steve was still sleeping so he went to go get the door.

'Tasha was standing there.

"Hey 'Tasha. Whatcha need?"

"Can I talk to you. Privately?" She added that last part when she saw Steve sleeping on the couch.

"Can it wait till after dinner?"

"Of course, just come down to my floor when you're all done," She said and then she left.